Website University of Scranton
University of Scranton
Faculty Secretary – Management, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
The University of Scranton embraces diversity and inclusion through its mission, Jesuit identity, strategic plans, community outreach programs, and numerous diversity programs. The University of Scranton is an Equal Opportunity employer and actively solicits applications from historically underrepresented candidates. Please see our full non-discrimination statement below.
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the Universityâ€™s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the Universityâ€™s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The Universityâ€™s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
Provide clerical support to the Management, Marketing & Entrepreneurship Department, including support for all programs within the department.
– Receptionist duties which include but not limited to: Answer telephones, transfer calls or record messages, manage walk-ins
– Sort and distribute mail
– Maintain, post and exhibit teaching schedules for Chair and faculty
– Record minutes at department and other meetings as well as distribution and maintaining records
– Create and modify documents needed by faculty using Microsoft Office
– Update and maintain the department web pages via CMS
– Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
– Make travel arrangements for faculty and coordinate expense reports
– Setup and coordinate meetings, events, and conferences
– Support faculty and Program directors on project-based work
– Organize and support one Honors Program, two honor societies, Marketing Advisory group and department Study Abroad programs
– Track applications from outside persons for full-time faculty recruitment and hiring, including departmental file creation and maintenance, and correspondence in accordance with standard practices and policies of The University of Scranton
– Assist with travel arrangements and create itineraries for candidates selected for campus interviews, as well as processing their expense reports
– Provide support for the hiring process of adjunct professors, and creating and maintaining all related files; assist new hires as necessary
– Assist department with visiting Lecturers and Professors
– Assist the department chair with the Master Schedule, end of the year report and adjunct staffing for semesters
– Assisting Admissions by coordinating campus and/or classroom visits with department faculty and current students for both interested and accepted students and their parents
– Interview, hire, and supervise work-study students
Additional Skills Required:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to interact well with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and parents
– Ability to establish priorities and deal with frequent interruptions
– Proficiency in computer technology, especially word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail, internet, with familiarity with Web 2.0 applications (e.g. social networking)
– Must be able to multi-task and work on multiple projects
– Must be able to support the Universityâ€™s commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture
– Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the Universityâ€™s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements:
– High School diploma or equivalent is required
– Associateâ€™s degree is preferred
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
– Minimum of 2 years of clerical/secretarial experience in an office setting
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/7178
Copyright Â©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.