Website University of Scranton
University of Scranton
Custodian (Full Time)
The University of Scranton embraces diversity and inclusion through its mission, Jesuit identity, strategic plans, community outreach programs, and numerous diversity programs. The University of Scranton is an Equal Opportunity employer and actively solicits applications from historically underrepresented candidates. Please see our full non-discrimination statement below.
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the Universityâ€™s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the Universityâ€™s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The Universityâ€™s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
The custodian is responsible for the general maintenance and cleaning of the facility, maintenance of areas around the assigned building and for specific janitorial duties as required. Specific areas of responsibility include all floors and the grounds adjoining the assigned building. Also, providing access to buildings for all scheduled events and securing of the premises after such events.
Custodians are considered essential personnel and are expected to be available in the event of emergencies including clean-up required as a result of a severe weather incident and snow removal as a result of winter storms. Custodians are essential to the overall success of Commencement (May) and Orientation and Move-in (August) weekend events and special events that are scheduled in facilities throughout the year and must be available for duty. Overtime work and/or shift adjustments may be expected at times throughout the year to insure that manpower is available to carry out the work required.
– General cleaning and up-keep of assigned facilities both inside and outside of the building(s)
– General cleaning of dorm rooms, common spaces, offices, classrooms, restrooms, shower rooms, storage areas and public spaces
– Floor care including sweeping mopping, stripping, waxing and buffing of resilient and wood floor surfaces; Sweeping, mopping, and maintenance of other hard floor surfaces
– Cleaning and maintenance of interior spaces and furnishings including: vacuuming and shampooing of carpeted areas; cleaning and dusting of curtains, drapes and blinds; and, cleaning of office and room furnishings, doors, walls, ceilings and kitchens
– Cleaning and re-lamping of light fixtures
– Cleaning of HVAC air diffusers
– Window washing of both interior and exterior surfaces and care of hardware and adjacent surfaces
– Trash removal from assigned rooms, public spaces and offices
– Policing and care of exterior areas around assigned buildings and other areas assigned; Assigned duties include: grass-cutting, trimming, raking, snow removal and ice control
– Rest room care including: floor and wall cleaning, fixture and trim cleaning and disinfecting and replenishment of rest room supplies
– Set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs and other furnishings for various events that may be scheduled in the assigned areas or buildings, set-up and moving of dormitory room furnishings including beds, tables, dressers, and chairs; and, office furnishings including desks, chairs, files and credenzas
Additional Skills Required:
– Possess good communication skills, with the ability to express ideas
– Ability to cope with numerous interruptions
– Have daily contact with faculty, staff and students about work issues and requests
– Must be able to lift materials weighing up to 30 lbs.; may have to occasionally lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance
– Ability to work within the overall organization of the Physical Plant and work with all University of Scranton employees
Minimum Education Requirements:
– High School diploma or equivalent is required
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
– Outside experience in institutional cleaning operations such as hotels, hospitals, schools, colleges/universities is preferred.
Work schedule will be determined based on availability. Position is 40 hours per week.
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Hourly Rate is $14.00 per hour.We also offer an excellent benefits package!Benefits include: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage Tuition remission for yourself and qualified dependents Generous University contribution for The University retirement savings plan Voluntary retirement saving plan Other benefits include: Disability and Life Insurance coverage Flexible Spending Accounts Employee Assistance Program Voluntary insurance options (including life and critical illness) Paid time away from work Mission and community service leave
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4793378
Copyright Â©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.