University of Scranton
University of Scranton
The University of Scranton embraces diversity and inclusion through its mission, Jesuit identity, strategic plans, community outreach programs, and numerous diversity programs. The University of Scranton is an Equal Opportunity employer and actively solicits applications from historically underrepresented candidates. Please see our full non-discrimination statement below.
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the Universityâ€™s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the Universityâ€™s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The Universityâ€™s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
Responsible for the recruitment of new students to the University of Scranton and support multiple admissions office and university operations, policies and procedures.
– Recruit new students
– Manage a respective travel territory; responsible for territory analysis, decision making and planning of the territory
– Have an in-depth knowledge about the university
– Interpret and apply common admissions and financial aid practices and procedures
– Give large and small group presentations
– Conduct prospective student interviews
– Maintain existing/develop new relationships with influencers
– Visit high schools and attend college fairs, full-time travel in the fall, 50% travel in the spring, report on travel productivity and travel expenses
– Conduct phone calls to prospective students and answer incoming phone calls and emails of students, counselors, parents and any other influencers
– Attend on and off campus receptions and programs for prospective students, parents and influencers
– Independently review and render decisions on freshmen applications; evaluate and judge the academic credentials and other relevant factors
Additional Skills Required:
– MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency
– Excellent verbal and communication skills
– Excellent public speaking skills
– Excellent critical thinking skills
– Ability to use discretionary judgment
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Excellent planning and organizational skills
– Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
– Ability to travel
– Available to work evenings/weekends
– Goal oriented and high energy
– Must be able to support the Universityâ€™s commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture
– Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the Universityâ€™s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements:
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
– Customer service- Knowledge of a Jesuit Education- Knowledge of the University of Scranton or higher education administration experience
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4937070
Copyright Â©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency