Website University of San Francisco
Program Assistant IV-CAPS
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant IV-CAPS
GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Senior Director and Associate Director of Clinical Services, this position is responsible for assisting in the smooth functioning of the front office, and providing clerical and administrative support to the clinical staff. The Program Assistant IV provides professional, non-judgmental, efficient customer service to students seeking CAPS services. This position also is required to perform non-routine assignments and handle problems as they arise in a confidential manner.
As part of the larger staff in Student Life, the Program Assistant IV helps to create a supportive University community which encourages student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
Full Job Description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Answers phone calls, schedules students for appointments, and routes calls or relays messages to the appropriate party in a professional manner.
• Serves as the initial point of contact, greeting, and assisting students, parents, faculty, and staff visiting or calling CAPS, including students in distress.
• Organizes and maintains office supplies, front office filing, managing shred bin.
• Collects and clarifies caller or visitor requests of the department, provides general information, consults with clinical staff, and alerts senior staff immediately regarding crisis calls.
• Processes requests and solves problems in standardized situations including answering phone calls in a professional and courteous manner, assisting walk-in students seeking appointments, scheduling clients and clinicians, processing online intake and other data forms, filing paperwork, photocopying, assisting in creating reports for the center, PowerPoint presentations, flyers, and orienting clients to CAPS and its policies.
• Understands CAPS functions and can explain the related policies and procedures. Can solve issues around policies and procedures and knows when an issue needs to be escalated to a manager
• Daily Operations include:
• Maintain, implement, and modify (when necessary) front office procedures and policies to ensure an effectively run front office.
• Update shared Front Office Google Drive folder materials as needed.
• Schedule and maintain appointments for staff of 15+ clinicians.
• Manage all communications to and from CAPS clients regarding appointment scheduling and associated paperwork requirements.
• Process all incoming electronic paperwork submissions from “Titanium Scheduling” software.
• Consult and communicate with faculty, staff, families and provide information and referrals as needed.
• Facilitate access to services to students in crisis; coordinating with CAPS clinicians, SL Case Manager, Public Safety, and others as needed.
• Mail Clerk: sort and distribute mail, forward misdirected mail, and keep an inventory of mailing supplies.
• Maintain the shared front office Outlook email account.
• Send daily Text Appointment Reminders (2 Days in Advance).
• Monitor and Respond to Initial Triage Appointment Booking Form submissions (requests coming from Qualtrics and incoming phone calls).
• Answer all calls and communications in a professional and courteous manner.
• Annually, discard client files that exceeded the CA Board of Psychology requirements for retaining records.
• General Operations include:
• Act as the point person with ITS and facilities troubleshoot technical issues with staff laptops/PCs, printer, software, etc. when needed, and submit tickets on behalf of CAPS staff when in office.
• Handle confidential and sensitive information for data entry and referral. Follow CAPS guidelines when discussing Student/Client health information with external parties.
• Coordinate special events, meeting spaces, outreach presentations, audio-visual requests, parking requests and setting up virtual meeting spaces, when needed.
• Cover for Program Assistant V when out of office.
• A minimum of 3 days/max of 5 days in the office required.
• Responsible for opening and closing physical office space during in-office days.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Interest in working within context of a diverse, Jesuit Catholic university.
• Post high school education preferred.
• Training or experience equivalent to four years of clerical work experience or related education, preferred.
• Knowledge of general office procedures with ability to explain and train others.
• Attention to detail; highly organized.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Emotionally mature, highly organized, and able to keep calm under pressure, good judgment, empathetic and ability to remain calm under pressure and in emergencies.
• Awareness of HIPAA privacy rules and importance of confidentiality.
• Customer service and team oriented with excellent people and communication skills.
• Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Canva, and Internet research.
• Familiarity (preferred) or ability to learn Titanium Schedule, BANNER, Qualtrics, Zoom.
Salary Range :
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4961488.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.