Website University of San Francisco
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will report to the Senior Associate Strength and
Conditioning Coach with final oversight from the Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic
Performance. This coach will be an integral part of the preparation of our student-athletes for
participation and will develop and gain experience through research-based training modalities
aimed at injury prevention, performance preparation and the physical, psychological and
cognitive development of our student-athletes. The position is responsible for designing,
implementing, conducting, and monitoring sports performance programs for assigned teams.
Full Job Description:
● Design and implement sports performance programs for assigned teams
● Communicate and collaborate with sport coaches and support staff to meet the various
needs of student-athletes on assigned teams
● Develop recovery and wellness programs to support performance goals in conjunction
with staff in other team support areas
● Work to collect and monitor assessment data and performance, wellness, and readiness
metrics relevant to each team’s programs
● Communicate and assist Sports Medicine with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to
student-athletes and return to play progressions
● Assist in scheduling teams and monitoring the Salquist Performance Center.
● Perform all duties in compliance with NCAA, WCC, and University rules and regulations
● Conduct a professional standard in the weight room, provide oversight of lifts and
coaching of exercises
● Complete routine and daily cleaning of the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment
● Ability to provide student athletes with nutrition and supplementation education
compliant with NCAA rules and regulations
● Conduct season or year end analysis of assigned sports progress throughout the
● The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
individuals. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Perform other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree required in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
● CPR/AED Certified
● Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification
● Minimum of 2-3 years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional
● Strong organizational and communication skills
● Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with a variety of teams, coaches,
sports medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff
● Familiarity with sports science technology to monitor athlete training and wellness
● Professional demeanor and high standard of ethics and integrity pertaining to collegiate
● Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Health Sciences or
● 3-5 years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional level
● Demonstrated experience training elite collegiate-level student-athletes and wide range of
● Demonstrated experience running systems that collect, track, and analyze athlete data to
enhance sports performance programs
● Additional relevant certifications (e.g. USAW, FRC, etc)
Salary Range :
$65,000-$70,000 annualized; commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4954020
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.