Website University of Detroit Mercy
Provide assistance to the head coach in administration of competitive Division I Men’s Soccer program that adheres to all University, Horizon League, and NCAA rules and regulations while providing a safe and accepting environment for student-athletes to grow and develop academically, athletically and one which encourages personal responsibility, sportsmanship and service to others
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with coordinating and performing coaching duties including pre-season conditioning, practice, game preparation, field/floor coaching, and post season activities.
Work with strength and conditioning coaches to implement, monitor, and evaluate pre-season conditioning, Conduct well planned and organized practice sessions, Provide team and appropriate athletic staff with detailed travel itinerary for all away games, Coach games in a professional manner upholding proper sportsmanship at all times, Supports team community service component.
2.Assist with operating the program in compliance with University, Horizon League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Provide the Compliance Coordinator with complete up to date “recruiting logs” and “countable athletic activity calendars” by the 5th working day after the last day each month. These forms are to be turned in even if no activity occurred for the previous month.
Meet with Compliance Coordinator in April to review the team’s athletic aid financial situation
Provide high school and transfer transcripts to the Compliance Coordinator for all serious prospects.
Provide NCAA Clearinghouse Institution Request lists for all idenified prospects to the Compliance Coordinator
Complete the countable athletic related activity worksheet at the end of each month and turn it in to the Compliance Coordinator.
* Attend all staff compliance meetings
Provide informationimmediately to the Compliance Coordinatorregarding all squad changes including dropping and adding of student-atheletes
Report to Compliance Coordinator any known violation of NCAA rules
Give Compliance Coordinator five days notice as to any official visits by prospective student-athletes
Provide complete records of all official and unofficial visits by prospects to the Compliance Coordinator
Complete proper forms to request either an official visit ot National Letter of Intent and turn it into the Compliance Coordinator
Provide Compliance Coordinator with a list of all student-athletes who will need housing and meal accomodations over winter and summer breaks
3. Complies with Sports Medicine policies and procedures stated in the Athletic Staff and Student Athlete manuals.
4. Assist in administer a successful student-athlete recruitment program
5. Assist in retaining student-atheletes in program, maintain continuity, and garner student-athlete satisfaction with the program (Review Team Attrition Information)
6. Demonstrate concern and support for academic performances of student-athletes on the team (Review Graduation Reate Information/APR and Team Academic Progress Report)
* Discuss with individual student-athletes their academic performance each semester
Graduate Student Athletes on time
Meet annual departmental goal of 70% graduation rate
7. Assist in administering sounf budget practices
8. Assist with Equipment Procedures; Submit equipment order information to equipment manager in timely fashion
9. Assist with Facilities and Vehicle Request Procedure; Submit vehicle request forms to director of facilities; Submit facility practice schedule in a timely manner
10. Assist in fielding a team whose racial or ethnic composition is reflective of the University’s undergraduate full-time enrollment population
11. Assist in fielding a team that is competitive athletically (finish in upper division of league – winning record)
12. Assist in administering travel and per diem allowances as outlined in the staff manual
13. Assist in providing an annual schedule og competition that meets the guideline outlined in the staff manual and enables the team to travel to away contest in a reasonable and safe manner.
* Submit schedule for approval of the athletic Board and Athletic Director by dates listed in the staff manual
14. Assist in meeting the minimum/maximum requirements regarding squad size.
15. Serve as public relations lead including attendance at athletic department functions and special events:
Athletic department meetings
Department compliance seminars
Presidents Honors Luncheon
Titan Club Annual Dinner
*Other Special events
16. Assist with field maintenance, including equipment and supplies
17. Coordinate ball girl/ ball boy program for home soccer games
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must be able to travel extensively; Must be able to drive 15 passenger vans.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
A valid driver’s license.
Commensurate with experience
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private University, University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. Detroit Mercy seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University’s mission, diversity, and excellence of its academic community. University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com