Website Santa Clara University
Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer: Projection Designer
Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer: Projection Designer
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
The Projection Design position is equivalent to 0.25 course load: $2,125.50.
The Department of Theatre and Dance at Santa Clara University, the Jesuit, Catholic university in Silicon Valley, seeks applicants for a Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer (non-tenure-track) in Projection Design for Winter quarter, 2024. Specific assignments will be made according to the academic qualifications of the individual and programmatic need. The successful candidate will design projections as required for one Theatre production.
• A degree in Theatre Design/Production or a closely-related field. Masters degree and higher preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching Theatre Design/Production at the college level.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to carry out professional duties of position, working with department directors, designers, technical director and student work crews.
• Collaborative work style and strong organizational skills.
– Experience with inclusive pedagogical practices that advance SCU goals of diversity and equity.
– Experience teaching and mentoring a diverse population of undergraduate students.
– Intermediate proficiency in video editing software.
– Intermediate proficiency with QLab 5 video software.
– Understand projection equipment and accessories needed to utilize in a theatrical space.
– Create documents to communicate with technical staff and stage management.
– Hands-on setup experience with rigging projectors and setting up equipment.
– Able to work by themselves if necessary.
– Commitment to teaching theatre and dance within a liberal arts context.
Teaching duties will not exceed more than two courses in any quarter and no more than four in any academic year, and will include but are not limited to:
1) Fulfill all responsibilities associated with teaching assigned courses, including:
• a. Conducting and appearing at all assigned class meetings in a timely and prepared manner that demonstrates a command of the discipline and skill in presenting it effectively;
• b. Assigning and evaluating assignments that align with the course description and course learning outcomes, and providing timely feedback to students;
• c. Submitting student grades that are appropriate, accurate and fair measures of student performance to the Office of the Registrar by the designated deadline;
• d. Administering numerical and narrative evaluations for all courses.
2) Attend all design and production meetings as scheduled.
3) Provide any and all Design materials, cue sheets, video plots, block diagrams, images and/or video, etc. necessary for production work and as requested by Director and Technical Director.
4) Working with Technical Director, Theatre Operations Manager and student crews, hang, focus and cue lights and projections, ready for technical rehearsal.
5) Attend technical and dress rehearsals and strike for production.
This position does not require any service duties. You may be invited, but not required, to attend department meetings or activities.
REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
Please submit the following documents by February 10, 2024
– Letter of interest;
– Contact information for two references where confidential letters will be solicited upon application submission.
Please contact Kimberly Mohne Hill [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] with any questions.
The projection design work is equivalent to 0.25 course load.
Santa Clara University is on the quarter system, and the quarters are 10 weeks long with an 11th week for final examinations.
Winter quarter 2024 (Jan 8-Mar 15, 2024)
By The Way, Meet Vera Stark by Lynn Nottage
Louis B. Mayer Theatre
Dry Tech 2/23/24
Technical Rehearsals 2/24-25/24
Dress Rehearsals 2/26-29/24
7 performances, opening 3/1/24
The health and safety of the university community is a top priority. All Santa Clara University students, and employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or request a medical or religious exemption. Please visit our https://www.scu.edu/preparedscu/vaccines/ for additional information.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity/Notice of Nondiscrimination
Santa Clara University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and California State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. For a complete copy of Santa Clara University’s equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies, see https://www.scu.edu/title-ix/policies-reports/
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
Santa Clara University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender, and prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internally or externally. The Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is Aaron Zisser, Director of Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 408-551-3043, mailto:email@example.com , http://www.scu.edu/title-ix. Inquiries can also be made to the Assistant Secretary of Education within the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
Clery Notice of Availability
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services https://university-operations.scu.edu/campus-safety/crime-reporting/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Santa Clara University affirms its’ commitment to employ qualified individuals with disabilities within the workplace and to comply with the Americans with Disability Act. All applicants desiring an accommodation should contact the https://www.scu.edu/phonebook/Department-of-Human-Resources, and 408-554-5750 and request to speak to Indu Ahluwalia by phone at 408-554-5750 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/4988649
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.