Website Santa Clara University
Graduate Records Coordinator
Graduate Records Coordinator
$29.38 -$33.77 per hour
The Records Coordinator is an integral and collaborative team member of the Graduate Engineering Services Office, reporting to the Director of Records and Operations. The position provides support for a wide range of administrative activities while delivering high-quality customer service to students, faculty/staff, departments, and other constituents via phone, email, and in person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Arrange academic advisors into cohorts and work with departments to ensure that students are assigned to faculty advisors.
● Oversee expected graduation dates within each module.
● Prepare and issue final degree letters quarterly
● Manage Title IX compliance quarterly.
● Maintain Ph.D. spreadsheet and SED surveys quarterly.
● Manage all graduate program events including Student Groups, New Student Orientation and Graduate Dinner Celebration.
o Advise graduate student groups on a range of event planning issues, including, but not limited to, budgeting, funding resources, program planning, accessibility, University policy, community standards, AGES quarterly newsletter, etc.
o Coordinate and facilitate workshops, seminars and events aimed at promoting student engagement and academic success
● Schedule Graduate Leadership Council (GPLC) meetings and prepare materials when necessary.
● Maintain Graduate Engineering Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer job posting and work with the Dean’s Office for QAL Contracts
● Maintain the Graduate Programs website content, ensuring that policies, forms and procedures are updated in a timely and accurate manner.
● Strong working knowledge of Workday systems
● Review Graduate Engineering bulletin for accuracy.
● Create and maintain students record files.
● Establish and maintain effective communication with engineering students, faculty and staff to foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment
GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT
● Manage and respond to student inquiries within the graduate School of Engineering Engineering and the student AGES email accounts.
● Ensure compliance with SCU policies and procedures
● Provide excellent customer services to students, staff and faculty.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED
● Forward related communication to students, departments and faculty
● Other assigned duties as needed
PROVIDES WORK DIRECTION
● No supervision is applicable
● Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
● Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices
● Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow
● Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives
● Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services
● Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions
● Prepares and submits reports as requested and required.
● To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred
● This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
▪ General understanding of academia and higher education
▪ Thorough understanding of record keeping in higher education
▪ Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
▪ PC proficiency required (including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows)
▪ High degree of customer service, both internal and external to the department
▪ Creative problem-solver
▪ Dynamic team player
▪ Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
▪ Self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
▪ Ability to exercise sound judgment in a busy work environment
▪ Ability to handle confidential information
▪ Sensitivity toward people of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
▪ Commitment to understand and support Santa Clara University’s distinctive Jesuit educational vision and willingness to model institutional values of competence, conscience, and compassion, in pursuit of its mission and goals
▪ Bachelor’s degree required
o Years of Experience
▪ 5-6 years relevant work experience required in a service-oriented function, preferably in a university setting records office
▪ 2-3 years hands-on experience using Student database systems or similar ERP system (Workday)
● The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
o Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
o May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
● The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
o Typical office environment.
o Mostly an indoor office environment.
o Offices with equipment noise.
o Offices with frequent interruptions
The health and safety of the university community is a top priority. All Santa Clara University students, and employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or request a medical or religious exemption. Please visit our COVID-19 webpage for additional information.
Equal Opportunity/Notice of Nondiscrimination
Santa Clara University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and California State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. For a complete copy of Santa Clara University’s equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies, see https://www.scu.edu/title-ix/policies-reports/
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
Santa Clara University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender, and prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internally or externally. The Title IX Coordinator and Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is Aaron Zisser, Director of Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 408-551-3043, email@example.com , www.scu.edu/title-ix. Inquiries can also be made to the Assistant Secretary of Education within the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
Clery Notice of Availability
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Santa Clara University affirms its commitment to employ qualified individuals with disabilities within the workplace and to comply with the Americans with Disability Act. All applicants desiring an accommodation should contact the Department of Human Resources, and 408-554-5750 and request to speak to Indu Ahluwalia by phone at 408-554-5750 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/scu/scu/job/Santa-Clara-CA/Graduate-Records-Coordinator_R4075
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.