Website Regis University
Financial Aid Counselor
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
02/19/2024 – 17 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
The Financial Aid Counselor, Incoming Students, is responsible for the financial aid advising of all traditional prospective students through their first year at Regis University. This is a high-energy, high-impact position that helps assist students as they begin their financial aid journey at Regis University. The position is designed to collaborate directly with the Traditional Admissions Team and is aligned directly with all recruitment and retention efforts for our traditional student population. This financial aid counselor is responsible for all applicable outreach events, acting as an Admissions financial aid liaison at all prospective and admitted student events, scholarship competitions, visit days, and the like, as well as events designed to promote FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) completion. This position is willing and able to connect with various stakeholders on campus to communicate updates to the financial aid process as well as act as a point of contact for University faculty and staff regarding student matriculation and retention as it relates to financial aid.
As a financial aid counselor, the position reports directly to the Associate Director of Financial Aid Planning and is part of the financial aid counseling team. The position will be working events during the day, evenings, and weekends, but when in the office, will visit with walk-ins and provide backup coverage, as needed, for other financial and counselors and front desk associates. The Financial Aid Counselor, Incoming Students must have a strong financial aid background and knowledge of Title IV regulations and policies to ensure consistent, accurate, and comprehensive information for students and their families during their tenure at Regis University. The position is responsible for reviewing, awarding, and revising financial aid offers for all traditional students and strives to use all available avenues to communicate directly with the student and their families, as applicable.
Working at Regis
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Aid Counseling
• Serves as the financial aid point of contact for incoming traditional students and the traditional admissions team
• Counsels students and parents regarding the financial aid application process, assists students with completing their financial aid file by submitting the necessary documents to determine their eligibility, identifies incomplete student files, and follows up to complete the process
• Utilizes the packaging system and policy to process and send out financial aid offers to students
• Reviews all FAFSA updates and corrections to individual applications and revises aid eligibility, as needed, and communicates with the student regarding any changes made
• Provides financial aid counseling for walk-ins and acts as a backup for other financial aid counselors as needed
• Works collaboratively with other departments and services across the University to understand processes, systems, and services and to resolve student issues
• Fulfill other duties as assigned
• Partners with the Office of Admissions and other departments on campus to present financial aid information at campus visit events, scholarship competitions, orientations, and other events needed
• Serves as the point of contact for the Offices across the University who request financial aid representation at their specific events and/or any high school or external organization requesting coverage
• Attends financial aid events as a representative of Regis University, utilizing every opportunity to help promote Regis University and our mission
• Coordinates with other financial aid counselors for coverage if events overlap or if more than one financial aid representative is needed
• Partners with other departments on campus (Student Life, Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Excellence, and others) to provide financial aid support for groups of students or events on campus to foster strong financial aid relationships, FAFSA renewals, and the like
• Fulfill other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
• 1-3 years’ experience in an Office of Financial Aid.
• Bilingual, Spanish-speaking preferred, but not required.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Evening and weekend hours are required in addition to regular office hours. Some local, regional, and/or national travel may be required.
$55,000 / annually
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4990659.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: “How ought we to live?” Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.