Website Regis University
Associate Director of Medical Services
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
02/05/2024 – 1 month to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
The Associate Director is responsible for the strategic leadership, vision, and direction of operations within Medical Services, with the support and guidance of the AVP of Student Wellbeing. Included is the provision of medical services, supervision of clinical staff, immunization compliance for new and transfer students and educational outreach programs.
Other responsibilities include the direction of administrative support services, fiscal and facility management, and collaboration with campus and community stakeholders on student well-being offices, personnel, and initiatives. These initiatives include, but are not limited to:
-Victim Advocacy and Violence Prevention
-Student Disability Services and University Testing
This position does not serve as a primary care provider for employees nor can it provide care for clinical or work-related injuries. The position reports to the AVP of Student Wellbeing and receives clinical consultation from a contracted physician.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mange and coordinate full range of primary care clinical activities and provide direct client services including physical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, immunizations, prescriptions and referrals, dispense OTC and non-controlled medication from other outlet campus pharmacy per state guidelines.
• Provide delegation and direction to clinical staff and clinical support staff.
• Provide consultation to staff, faculty, administrators and others regarding health/behavioral problems with students.
• Practices safety, environment and/or infection control methods.
• Manage on-site CLIA waived laboratory.
• Establish and maintain professional working relationship with external agencies and health providers to facilitate referral coordination of care of Regis students in the community as needed.
• Provide direction to staff to ensure the administrative and clinical aspects of the services are provided to patients in a safe, respectful, legal, economical, and medically current manner in line with Regis University mission and Jesuit values.
• Shares expertise and represents Student Health Services in Student Affairs leadership meetings, new student weeks of welcome, orientation fairs, academic classes, campus groups and/or campus programs.
• Directly supervise Medical Services employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with university policies, best practices, and state laws.
• Interview, hire, train, and on-board employees in Student Health Services.
• Create employee work schedules, manage leave time and approve time sheets.
• Address internal and external feedback, resolve conflicts, make necessary improvements.
• Develop, implement, and oversee Medical Services policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
• Review clinical charts and billing codes.
• Support Health and Counseling Center Business Manager with student health insurance, billing, and budget management. Approve expenditures and monitor revenue and expenses.
• Ensure Medical Services is HIPAA compliant and employees maintain current certifications.
• Promote and support professional development activities on and off-campus for SHS employees.
• Serve on cross-departmental committees relevant to student health. Advocates for the needs for the health needs of students on and off-campus.
This position at 1.0 FTE is a year-round position following the University Fiscal Year, beginning May 1st of a calendar year and running through April 30th for the following calendar year.
Hours of Work: 8:30 am to 5:00pm; Monday – Friday (hours subject to change)
Vacation Time: Accrued vacation time may be taken with advance approval of the Assistant Dean of Students, Community Standards & Care.
• Graduate from an accredited professional school and completion of a Physician Assistant program.
• License as a PA in the State of Colorado
• Current prescriptive authority in the State of Colorado
• Current DEA licensure, including prescribing of Schedule II medications
• Experience working as a PA, preferably in a family practice, internal medicine or college health setting.
• Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of third-party payers
• Knowledge of ICD-10/CPT coding
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping, general accounting, AR skills, collecting policies
• CPR/AED Certification
• Experience working with and knowledge of certified medical assistants, medical administrative assistants, and medical billing personnel.
$75,000 – $80,000/annually commensurate with qualifications.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4958466.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: “How ought we to live?” Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.