Website Regis University
Assistant Director of Student Accounts
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
01/22/2024 – 4 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Reporting to the Director of Student Accounts, the Assistant Director manages all aspects related to student account billing operations for the University. Qualified candidate strategically plans, coordinates, and implements procedures and processes, ensuring accurate and timely student account billing for the University’s three colleges, inclusive of six receivables. Working collaboratively with the Director of Student Accounts and fellow University constituents, the Assistant Director oversees accounts receivables and cash receipts set-up and functionality for all databases.
Additionally, the Assistant Director provides guidance on all administrative functions and the use of technology within the Office of Student Accounts. Supervising three accounts receivable staff, the Assistant Director is responsible for managing and developing billing staff, implementing all necessary quality control measures, and process improvements.
The Assistant Director collaborates with numerous internal and external constituents and serves as a liaison to the ITS department for the Office of Student Accounts. This position is responsible for identifying interdepartmental needs and providing recommendations to the Director of Student Accounts.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application and requested documents by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) The Assistant Director oversees system functionality within the Office of Student Accounts, including maintenance of existing systems and processes, developing enhancements to improve student service and effectiveness. Develops and facilitates processes, procedures and reports to ensure university tuition and fees are billed timely and accurately, penalties and restrictions are assessed consistently and appropriately, and credit balances, federal student loans, and grant funds are refunded in accordance with institutional and federal policies and regulations.
2) Oversee the setup and operation of the university’s tuition rate tables, including room and board rate tables, and billing process. Conducts intra-office training activities related to processing and systematic procedures, ensuring maximum functionality and effectiveness of systems and staff. The Assistant Director cross-trains with each Student Accounts staff member to understand responsibilities and functions, formulating more efficient and/or effective processes, as needed. This person supervises approximately three staff members and acts on the behalf of the Director of Student Accounts in the Director’s absence.
3) Regularly assesses and refines procedures and departmental operations, including review of written billing notifications to ensure prompt and accurate service to educate and serve current students and families regarding accounts receivable transactions. Develop, coordinate and update student communications utilizing Communications Management.
4) Provide responsive and effective customer service to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others associated with the department. Respond to and resolve student disputes, concerns and grievances that require review, considerations and referral of exceptions to the Director where additional experience, expertise, political insight and understanding are required. Requires an ability to quickly review a multitude of objective and subjective factors.
5) The Assistant Director coordinates regularly counterparts within various University offices, ensuring system optimization and usage, and represents Student Accounts on project teams, task forces and committees related to system development and maintenance, inclusive of other committees as determined by the Director. Serves as the Module Administer and Data Custodian for the account’s receivables and cash receipts module within Colleague, provides Administrator support for the Informer by Entrinsik reporting software and is liaison between ITS and Student Accounts. The Assistant Director outlines project timelines for requests submitted to ITS for departmental needs, including a tracking system for future system problem resolution. Ensures staff members are trained on all university systems, and departmental specific reporting tools.
6) Responsible for generation, reporting and distribution of university 1098-T tax forms to the Regis student population. Develop and maintain Student Accounts specific operational and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards using Informer by Entrinsik and Business Intelligence reporting software.
7) Coordinates with university departments to ensure tuition and fees, student housing, meal plans, insurance, and other charges are posted accurately and timely. Reviews and refines processes and collaborates with other departments to develop efficiencies, making necessary changes as needed. Develops and maintains collaborative and productive relationships with personnel within various internal and external entities that impact the Office of Student Accounts and provides expertise to ensure university processes are developed strategically.
8) Maintain cooperative working relationship with University staff, other organizations, and the public. Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas. Perform related duties as necessary to support the Regis University mission.
• Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution of higher education, and two years related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
• At least four years’ experience of increasing responsibility within a college/university student accounts/bursars office, with at least two years’ supervisory experience required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with accounts receivable policies, procedures and regulations.
• Highly developed skills in complex financial analysis, monitoring, reporting and control as well as superior management skills needed to maximize organizational resources and improve the customer experience.
To view our Benefits Guide use either the link or the web address below.
$25.96 – $27.40 / hour commensurate with qualifications.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5002486.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: “How ought we to live?” Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.