Website Regis University
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
03/01/2024 – 1 month to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving reports directly to the Director of Annual Giving. With oversight from the Director, the Assistant Director will coordinate a year-round annual giving cultivation and acquisition program to effectively raise $1M+ in unrestricted funds for the university with the goal of increasing giving among alumni, parents, students, faculty/staff and friends utilizing direct mail and online donor acquisition and retention activities.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for implementing the Annual Giving Communication Plan including overall project management of the University’s crowdfunding program and donor outreach through direct mail, email and other channels. Playing a critical role in the development and execution of Regis University’s annual Regis Gives Week, the Assistant Director also serves as a liaison to the Athletics Department in the execution of an athletics annual giving solicitation campaign.
Key attributes of a successful Assistant Director include: excellent project management skills; commitment to reach and surpass ambitious goals; impeccable organization; stellar communication skills; a proactive approach to work; exceptional relationship-building with the University’s diverse student and alumni network; a facility with technology and software platforms; experience in data analytics; experience working with external vendors; a grasp of the role of annual giving in support of the University’s fundraising strategy; and a belief in and commitment to Regis’ mission. The ideal candidate will contribute positively to team culture and enjoy working in a fast-paced, positive, fun and collaborative environment.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Oversees management of Regis University’s Annual Giving Communication Plan:
• Works with University Advancement communications team and external vendors to coordinate a multichannel communications plan including direct mail, social media, emails, texts, phone calls and crowdfunding.
• Works closely with Stewardship’s Donor Engagement Coordinator to manage annual giving stewardship efforts via the Engagement Center.
• Oversees and manages all campaign crowdfunding efforts within the plan.
2) Oversees management of annual Athletics fundraising campaign, working collaboratively to manage annual giving strategy, fundraising and stewardship:
• Works closely with Athletics department staff and individual coaches to plan and execute a yearly Athletics crowdfunding campaign for support of individual sports with the goal of raising significant funds for the program.
• Assists Athletics in executing multichannel appeals including email, text, phone, social media and direct mail, for the Blue & Gold program.
3) Assists the Director with planning, oversight and implementation of Regis University’s annual day of giving (Regis Gives Day):
• Coordinates annual Regis Gives Day plan and strategy, working to promote participation across campus and inform, advise and prepare partners on successful campaign strategies.
• Works collaboratively with departments across campus to develop and execute up to 25 targeted crowdfunding campaigns, each with goals up to $10,000.
• Works collaboratively with the Director and external vendor to maintain and update crowdfunding website (GiveCampus) and giving day website.
• Works collaboratively with the Director and Major Gifts team to secure and administer matching gifts for Regis Gives Day.
4) Assists the Director in planning and implementing a multichannel marketing and communication plan to secure $1M+ in annual gift revenue:
• Manages calendar and workflows to support communications and data-related elements of annual giving strategy.
• Manages, updates and creates strategies to maximize digital fundraising platforms.
• Works closely with internal and external vendors that perform annual giving services including direct mail printers, designers, writers, etc.
5) Assists the Director in developing metrics, tracking and analysis of annual giving data to include results and outcomes of all marketing and solicitation efforts to measure success and make decisions to enhance messaging to maximize donations.
• Assists in developing new and creative strategies to improve annual giving donor retention and acquisition.
• Assists in conducting ongoing peer institution activity research as well as market research to identify and implement new, best-practice focused approaches to marketing annual support programs and giving opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, philanthropy, alumni/donor relations or other nonprofit role or equivalent experience. This experience may include part-time phonathon or student fundraising positions.
• Proven ability to organize and manage complex projects with firm deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, follow deadlines and work independently.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and other programs and Adobe programs.
• Demonstrated success in raising annual and/or major gifts in a complex organization.
• Experience working in a university setting
• Familiarity with fundraising CRMs, Salesforce experience a plus.
• Knowledge of fundraising best practices for direct marketing and digital solicitations.
• Experience working with external, paid vendors.
• Experience utilizing crowdfunding platforms.
• Knowledge of and ability to understand data, data trends and data analytics to inform strategies and decisions.
• Experience with Asana, GiveCampus and Salesforce a plus.
The following skills, abilities and physical requirements can be performed with or without accommodation.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Problem Solving — Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Law and Government — General knowledge of relevant laws and government regulations.
Mathematics – A working knowledge of quantitative skills and their application.
Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to reach a logical conclusion.
Ability to negotiate and manage conflict/dispute resolution processes.
Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
Diversity and Inclusion – Ability to create and maintain an atmosphere of inclusive excellence that celebrates our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Some local, regional, and/or national travel is required.
Other Requirements: N/A
$60,000 / annually
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4978166.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: “How ought we to live?” Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.