Website Regis University
Pediatric Nursing Clinical Affiliate Faculty
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
10/30/2023 – 28 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Regis University is seeking Pediatric Nursing Clinical Affiliate Faculty (CAF) to facilitate pediatric clinical rotations in the Denver Metro area. CAF are part-time employees hired to teach specific clinical rotations and are responsible for supervising students in patient care environments. CAF collaborate with the Loretto Heights School of Nursing and the assigned health care facility to provide an exceptional clinical learning experience for pre-licensure nursing students.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application and requested documents by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiarize yourself with course objectives and clinical outcomes
- Attend course-specific orientation to plan the implementation of the clinical experience
- Orient to the clinical facility and clinical units where students will be assigned
- Complete computer training at clinical facility if needed
- Communicate with students at least one (1) week prior to start of rotation
- Orient students to the nursing units
- Follow all course clinical guidelines and expectations as outlined in course syllabus
- Develop a student schedule with unit assignments and other learning experiences
- Make patient care assignments for students
- Evaluate student’s clinical preparation through the examination of preparation sheets, nursing care plans, and/or other documents to determine the student’s clinical preparedness
- Supervise students in patient care experiences with special attention to the outcomes of the Clinical Competency Tool (CCT)
- Coordinate observational learning experiences for students at the clinical site as well as in simulation
- Hold a clinical conference with students to facilitate the integration of learning experiences as appropriate
- Be available for students to provide teaching and evaluation on a continuous basis during the assigned clinical time
- Provide ongoing and appropriate on-site clinical instruction and supervision for each clinical experience
- Maintain professional relationships with clinical staff in each site and area
- Utilize the course specific clinical documentation tools to formulate feedback for student behaviors and progression towards meeting clinical objectives and outcomes.
- Utilize the CCT to provide student feedback at mid-rotation and at the end of the clinical rotation.
- Consult with course faculty on a weekly basis and as needed throughout the clinical rotation to anticipate and solve problems and ensure effective teaching/learning experiences.
- Notify course faculty promptly regarding student issues, including, but not limited to, student tardiness, absences, critical incidents, illnesses, student emergencies, or other incidents that may indicate actual or potential performance issues.
- Grade the clinical project/paper (if applicable) according to the criteria outlined in the course materials.
- Submit all student papers with clinical faculty’s feedback, comments, and grade to the course faculty within one (1) week of the end of the clinical rotation.
- The University appointment is part-time and temporary in nature and thus carries no fringe benefits.
- After University appointment, hiring for clinical rotations occurs on an as-needed, limited-term basis.
- Must maintain current health requirements, training, licensures, and certifications on file with the Loretto Heights School of Nursing.
- Must have a Masters or Doctoral degree, or have a BSN with the ability to provide a written plan with Regis and the CO Board of Nursing to obtain a Masters or higher degree in nursing.
- An active Unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Colorado.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent, professional pediatric nursing practice.
- Pediatric Clinical Rotations
- Occur year round
- Are 72 clinical hours
- Shifts are 10 – 12 hours
- Occur in a variety of clinical facilities in the Denver Metro area
- Occur Wednesdays & Thursdays, Thursdays & Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays
- Require CAF presence on-site at all times
- Require additional time outside of clinical hours for grading, emailing students, etc.
- Are subject to cancellation
Paid per course contract
Benefits-eligible for workers’ compensation and will receive 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
$45 – $55 per hour for clinical, based on degree held. $45 per hour for BSN Lab Assistant, Lab Affiliate Faculty $50 per hour.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: ‘How ought we to live?’ Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-8d03590e4d31d84d9d6e830009b18eb3
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.