Website Marquette University
The Senior Career & Industry Advisor in the Business Career Center (BCC) in the College of Business Administration and Graduate School of Management supports the career development of business undergraduates, graduate students and alumni through appointment service, program administration, employer relations and effective collaborations with college and campus colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist students and alumni through individual appointments, drop-ins, presentations, and written communication to support career decision-making, job/internship search processes and accessing career resources.
- Responsible for annual Business Career Center projects that may include Internship for Academic Credit, a mentor program offered in collaboration with the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association (MUBAAA), student communications including newsletters and social media, first destination graduate outcome data collection and analysis, graduate student supervision and/or other projects as defined. Annual project responsibilities are distributed among BCC staff: project alignments may change throughout leadership’s tenure according to teaching rotations and the interests and skill sets of the full staff.
- Contribute to employer relationships through sustainment, growth or development of current and new relationships and providing strong customer service.
- Provide program and event development and coordination independently and in collaboration with Business Career Center staff, College administrators, faculty members, students and/or student organizations, and employers.
- Fulfill rotating teaching responsibilities for LEAD 2000 and 3000, required courses for all undergraduates in the College of Business Administration.
- Remain current on developing trends and technologies within employment markets to provide appropriate career guidance for students and alumni.
- Work with College colleagues, the Marquette University Career Services Center, the College of Engineering Office of Industry Relations and other campus colleagues and departments to offer students and recruiters a high quality, integrated experience, and leverage university career resources.
- Assist in identifying, marketing and delivering new career resources or programs for students/alumni.
- Coordinate or collaborate in coordinating career programming, including networking fairs.
- Contribute to the strategic goals of the Business Career Center, College of Business Administration and Marquette University
- Assist in representing the college in professional organizations and events to raise visibility of the college and Business Career Center programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A master’s degree in related field.
- A minimum of three years related professional experience.
- Ability to work together as a team and interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and administration.
- Track record of collaboration and relationship-building.
- Communication skills including interpersonal communication, writing skills and presenting.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Customer service skills with experience serving a variety of stakeholders.
- Skilled in critical thinking, prioritization, problem solving and creativity.
- Ability to manage projects independently and with accountability.
- Familiarity with Excel.
- Knowledge of student and career development theories.
- Requires the ability to meet one-on-one, in small groups and to present to large classes.
- To support event coordination responsibilities, the ability to lift 20 pounds is helpful.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Handshake or other career management software products.
- Experience coordinating programs or events.
All applications for this position must be received through Marquette University’s online application system.
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
To apply for this job please visit employment.marquette.edu.