Website Loyola Marymount University
This position will assist in promoting, advertising, recruiting, students in the areas of Family Christian Spirituality as well as help with the day to day administrative tasks involved with running the program.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities
1. Promote and recruit students for classes and certificate programs. Take student inquiries by phone and email. Provide academic advising as needed. Fulfill requests (send out relevant information, answer questions). Maintain inquiry database. Follow up on leads to recruit students into classes. (10%)
2. Develop relationships with presenters and assist in processing paperwork and payments. (10%)
3. Develop and manage operations of CRS student records, including registrations, approve student records for certificate completion and process certificate paperwork to the Registrar’s Office, send out evaluations to students at the end of the course. In consultation with the Senior Director, manages the awarding of tuition assistance. (15%)
4. Write, produce and maintain web pages, newsletters, social media web presence and promotional materials. (20%)
5. Keep detailed manual of all classes, lectures, activities, materials used, and student feedback in order to be able to duplicate and improve program. (5%)
6. Help record, edit and post videos of classes and events as necessary. (10%)
7. Plan public relations events outside the university, such as community events and exhibiting at events. Plan on-campus and online events such as open house, conferences and special classes. Assist with set-up and staffing of exhibit booth at expositions and
trade events. (10%)
8. Coordinate logistics of classes and retreats such signage, audio-visual equipment, room scheduling, food ordering as needed. (5%)
9. Translate materials, recorded interviews and classes as well as summarize key findings in English and Spanish. (10%)
10. Perform other duties as assigned or requested. (5%)
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values or the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
· Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Business or related field or equivalent experience; graduate studies in spirituality or theology and/or business encouraged to apply.
· Minimum 3 years university or comparable experience in progressively responsible positions.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English (speaking, oral comprehension, writing and reading proficiency) required.
· Strong experience with social media, web management and video editing preferred.
· Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral) in order to produce and deliver effective promotional presentations about Continuing Education.
· Experience working in ministry and in a parish setting strongly preferred.
· Must be resourceful and understand office procedures. Multi-tasking, personable, team player, high level of computer and technical skills. Website content monitoring. Telephone skills. Input of registrations. Support marketing initiatives. Assist with newsletter. General office tasks as assigned. Work effectively with students, faculty, and other administrators at the University, and effectively work with professional association and corporate directors, supervisors and administrators.
· Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and database systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is normal.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent calculating, interrupted work, variety of interrelated tasks, sustained concentration, use of reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity.
Staff Term (Fixed Term)
$20.16 – $30.70 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)
To apply for this job please visit lmu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.