Website Loyola Marymount University
Under general supervision, this position will support the development, planning and implementation of New Student Orientation and pre-college Summer Programs.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITITES:
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of New Student Orientation programs. Assist with the orientation student staff hiring process, supervision of 130 Orientation Leaders, and coordination of student staff training and orientation activities.
- Support yield and new student onboarding initiatives, including virtual first semester registration, new/visiting student summer enrollment, pre-arrival online orientation modules, and the ORNT 1000/2000 courses as needed.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of residential and social programming related to summer pre-college programs, including but not limited to, social functions, service opportunities, roundtable discussions, and reflection-based activities for high school students. Attend off-campus activities, including weekend LA excursions and service opportunities as a chaperone.
- Assist with the pre-college summer program student staff hiring process, supervision of 12-18 pre-college residential student staff and serve as a Resident Advisor for the pre-college summer programs. Establish and maintain a positive and safe residence hall experience for students and student staff by upholding LMU Community Standards, Summer Program policies and University Policies. Respond to all policy violations and emergencies and follow appropriate protocol and documentation.
- Assist with recruitment, application reading, and admission of pre-college summer program applicants.
- Support departmental communication and content creation efforts for Summer Programs and Orientation Programs. Monitor departmental email accounts and respond to general inquiries related to pre-college summer programs and orientation.
- Represent LMU within professional organizations or associations, serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations:
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Promote an environment that supports diversity and inclusiveness. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
Minimum 2 years of higher education, student leadership development, and programming experience in progressively responsible positions.
Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: student leadership development, programming, student support, and orientation experience.
Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing written communication to constituents, supervisees, and external audiences.
Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
Demonstrated computer competency and ability to regularly learn and use new platforms, software, and technologies.
Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Student Personnel or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
$64,480.00 – $71,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
To apply for this job please visit lmu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.