Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Psychology Department at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, NY is hiring a full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychology to begin in Fall 2024. Candidates should have training in clinical psychology or a closely related field (hold or be eligible to be a NYS licensed psychologist), demonstrate a commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching, and have an active research agenda which can incorporate undergraduate research assistants.
The successful candidate would teach a 3-3 load in addition to pursuing an active research agenda. Many of our students at Le Moyne College are interested in pursuing clinically-oriented careers, and we are interested in hiring a colleague who could teach in the following areas: Abnormal/Normal Psychology, Psychology of Personality, Motivation and Emotion, Counseling and Psychotherapy, or other courses related to applied practice in psychology that may not currently be a part of our curriculum, such as Drugs and Human Behavior.
The successful applicant should also be able and prepared to teach at least one of the following service courses: Introductory Psychology, Intro to Research Methods, and/or Human Lifespan Development. All faculty should be able to incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into the courses they teach.
In addition to teaching, candidates will be expected to conduct scholarly research, mentor students in their research labs, advise undergraduate students, and serve on department and college committees. Mentoring undergraduate students in research is highly encouraged. Le Moyne College offers strong support for undergraduate and faculty research.
Psychology Department at Le Moyne College:
Our department has 9 full-time faculty representing a range of disciplines within psychology. Psychology is one of the largest majors in the College of Arts and Sciences. Students who major in psychology can choose between a Bachelors of Arts or a Bachelors of Science, and we offer several concentrations that partner with other departments on campus (i.e., education, theater, health professions). Student-faculty research is supported and encouraged. Students have opportunities for engagement through Psychology Club, Psi Chi, and a year-long internship program.
Ph.D. in Psychology. We welcome applications from candidates who will have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or a closely related field by August 2024.
Life in Central New York: Syracuse and Central New York is a thriving region with a diverse economy, a rich cultural heritage, and an abundance of recreational opportunities. Located in the heart of Upstate New York, Syracuse is the economic and cultural hub of the region, with a metropolitan population of over 650,000 people.
The region’s economy is driven by a variety of industries, including healthcare, education, manufacturing, and technology. Beyond work, the region is renowned for its natural beauty, with dozens of parks, lakes, and forests to explore. We enjoy a relatively low cost of living (median home price for the county was approximately $185,000 in January 2023), and the region hosts many strong school districts. The region also has a rich cultural scene, with several museums, theaters, and galleries showcasing the best of local and international art and culture. Additionally, the area has a vibrant food and beverage scene, with local breweries, wineries, and restaurants serving up delicious cuisine from around the world. The Finger Lakes or Adirondacks are nearby for day trips, and we are four hours from several major international cities including Toronto, Montreal, New York City, and Philadelphia.
Overall, Syracuse and Central New York offer an outstanding quality of life, with a strong economy, beautiful natural surroundings, and diverse cultural and recreational opportunities. It’s an ideal place to live, work, and raise a family, and we welcome you to consider joining our community.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
- 35 hour work week
Range: $70,000 – $75,000
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position, please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=171364 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter discussing your interests in teaching in a small department within a liberal arts institution
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- A copy of your transcripts
- A statement of your teaching philosophy, experience, and interests
- A statement of research and scholarship interests.
- Submit either a statement on diversity, equity and inclusion, or clearly comment on those topics in both your teaching and research statements.
- Three confidential (3) letters of recommendation to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Psychology”
Review of completed applications will begin on February 1, 2024 and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.