Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The NCAA Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Associate Athletic Director, NCAA Compliance / SWA with all daily NCAA compliance tasks, functions and systems maintenance. In addition, this position will coordinate and provide support with NCAA, Conference and College reporting requirements.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Work directly with the Associate Athletic Director, NCAA Compliance / SWA on all strategy, tactics, and implementation of NCAA Compliance within the athletic department.
- Assist with rules interpretations, questions, requests, recently adopted legislation and continuous education.
Assist with all processes related to Recruiting, Financial Aid, NCAA Eligibility Certification, Academics, Playing and Practice Seasons, Recruiting, Name Image Likeness, Roster Management, Transfers, Awards/Benefits, etc.
Work closely with various College offices such as Enrollment Management, Financial Aid, Registrar, Institutional Technology, etc.
- Assist with all institutional, conference and NCAA data entry and reporting.
- Will use applicable technologies, computers, software packages, and the Le Moyne computer network, including ARMS, Datatel, Student-Athlete Warehouse, NCAA Compliance Assistant, Transfer Portal, Eligibility Center, etc. to satisfy all processing needs.
- May serve as a Sport Administrator of sport program coaches/student-athletes throughout the academic year and travel to NEC Championships and NCAA post-season competitions to provide support and assistance.
- Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to: development and coordination of the Le Moyne Way culture, participation on institutional/conference/NCAA committees, assist with game management initiatives and attend and support at NEC/NCAA Championships
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in intercollegiate athletics or equivalent field is required; preferable at the NCAA Division I or Division II level.
- Extensive experience in athletic administration, coaching at the collegiate level or equivalent/transferable skills. An understanding of NCAA rules and regulations or background in law or compliance is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage large volume of material required to be kept on file at the institution and forwarded to respective league and NCAA offices.
- Excellent management and communication skills to inform and educate Athletic Department staff, student-athletes, faculty, College staff/administration and alumni of the NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledgeable, ethical, rational and possesses the mental aptitude necessary to analyze and interpret rules and regulations that are at times ambiguous.
- Significant ability to pay close attention to detail which is required for data input, analyzing reports and all facets of NCAA Compliance processes.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital
- Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- Generous time off package
Pay Range: $22-$27.47/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/static/clients/448LMM1/index.jsp;jsessionid=FA74AC2070CF6581803DF236BBF40D05 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.