Website Le Moyne College
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
Responsible for the organization and administration of the Athletics Department’s National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) compliance program and oversees the Department’s NCAA Compliance Office. The Associate Director for NCAA Compliance coordinates a comprehensive communication network of various campus offices and constituents to execute expectations and requirements related to the certification of eligibility, coordination of financial aid for student-athletics, oversight of recruitment activities, monitoring coaches’ activities, administering department/college education initiatives and interacts with departmental/college staff members and coaches to ensure compliance with NCAA rules and regulations. Involved in all senior-level strategic planning, decision making and management discussions relating to major projects, personnel management, leadership and culture development, gender equity and Title IX, misconduct hearings, budget allocations, diversity, equity and inclusion and is included by the Athletic Director in conversations relating to major department, college and conference initiatives.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Assist the Director of Athletics with the mission to operate intercollegiate athletic programs in compliance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA
- Administering compliance programs, monitoring athletic activities, and preparing/assisting with the completion of NCAA/NEC reports and correspondences such as the NCAA Certification/Attestation of Compliance for Staff Members of Athletics Department (per College president), NCAA Student-Athlete Statement, NCAA Drug-Testing Consent Form, Financial Aid Summary Reports, Eligibility Checklist Reports, NCAA Sports Sponsorship Report, NCAA APC report, NCAA ISSG assistance, NCAA EADA assistance and NCAA annual Sexual Assault Mandate Eligibility forms.
- Reviewing and interpreting NEC and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations and answer on a daily basis any questions submitted by any personnel from the offices of admissions, financial aid, the registrar and athletic department staff members. Answer questions by all members of the coaching staff.
- Serves as the liaison for communication between the NEC Office and the NCAA office in regards to legislative interpretations.
- Serves as the Athletic Department liaison for the NCAA Eligibility Center and the College’s Registrar’s Office and ensures that all student-athletes are eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics programs by working with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Eligibility Center in processing amateurism/initial eligibility requirements of freshmen student-athletics and transfers and working with the Faculty Athletic Representative (Le Moyne’s eligibility certification officer) in processing and certifying both initial and continuing eligibility (both academic and amateurism) for all incoming and current student-athletes. Submits various waiver requests to NCAA as needed.
- Serves as the Athletic Department liaison for the College’s Office of Grad/Undergrad Transfer Admissions to ensure and certify transfer student-athlete eligibility by reviewing official transcripts, credit evaluations, applicable NCAA transfer credit legislation and NCAA Transfer Portal tracers. Also responsible for processing NCAA Transfer Portal requests and ensuring coaches/transfer student-athletes comply with NCAA transfer requirements and regulations.
- Serves as the Athletic Department liaison for the College’s Financial Aid Office and is responsible for processing all athletic financial aid requests (National Letter of Intent Signing paperwork, renewals/non-renewals, cancellations/reductions and increases). Ensures that the College’s athletic programs are in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations governing financial aid to student-athletes by working cooperatively with the Director of Student Financial Aid in monitoring all financial aid awarded to student-athletes, including initial athletically-related aid and renewable athletically-related aid, as well as income from additional sources of countable aid, work study jobs, and grants and loans and informing the Director of Athletics of instances of violations occur.
- Serves as the Athletic Department liaison for the College’s Enrollment Management Office and ensures that the College’s athletics programs are in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment practices and the recruitment student-athletes by instructing coaching staffs regarding NCAA rules and regulations governing the recruitment of student athletes, such as admission reviews, off-campus contacts/evaluations and approving official/unofficial visits and tryouts, monitoring the recruiting practices employed by various coaching staff, maintaining recruiting calendars and informing the Director of Athletics of instances when violations occur. In addition, coordinates directly with the College’s Enrollment Management Office on department enrollment projections as well retention efforts/priorities.
- Serves as the Athletic Department liaison for Institutional Technology and is responsible for updating and maintaining department/College databases as it relates to roster additions and removals and data/report retrieval relating to student-athlete academics and eligibility. In addition, coordinates and maintains ARMS Software, NCAA Compliance Assistant, access to NCAA Apps and the College’s student records system.
- Responsible for Coaching Staff Certification and compliance with NCAA and NEC requirements needed for coaching/overseeing countable athletic related activities (completion of NCAA Coaches modules and NEC mandated modules, CPR certification, etc).
- Responsible for overseeing, monitoring and ensuring sports programs’ compliance with NCAA Playing and Practice Season legislation (length of playing season, days off/weekly hour limitations, CARA log approval, etc.)
- Monitors all facets of Le Moyne College’s athletic programs to ensure compliance; identifying and reporting to the NCAA and NEC instances of non-compliance and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Knowledgeable and continually educated on NCAA rules through professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development seminars, and attending training and/or courses directed by the Director of Athletics.
- Responsible for organizing, coordinating and educating every full-time, part-time and volunteer staff member along with providing education to every student-athlete by utilizing a comprehensive and continuing rules-education program to ensure that individuals directly involved in the completion of specific tasks are knowledgeable and continually updated on NCAA rules.
- Works with the alumni and boosters regarding NCAA rules and regulations, governing such bodies involvement with intercollegiate athletic programs by educating the leadership and general membership about NCAA rules and regulations governing such activities, monitoring their involvement, and informing the Director of Athletics of instances when violations occur.
Serves as the clearing house for every Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) opportunity request made by student-athletes and coaches by approving paperwork and providing guidance to ensure alignment and compliance with the Department’s NIL policy.
- Develop and annually revise and update NCAA compliance and department policies including Le Moyne College’s Guide to NCAA Rules Compliance along with maintaining Le Moyne College’s NCAA Compliance website.
- Contributes to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Additionally duties as assigned (sport administrator, SWA, culture advancement, committee assignments, etc)
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- Generous time off package
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000 annually
*Additional compensation may be awarded with Senior Women’s Administrator Designation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/static/clients/448LMM1/index.jsp and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.