Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Department of Communication and Film Studies at Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, NY, invites applications for the full-time tenure-track position of Assistant Professor with expertise in video/media production. The successful candidate will also have expertise in one or more subfields of media studies, such as digital media, critical game studies, race, gender, sexuality and the new media, and industry studies. The successful candidate will teach introductory and intermediate video production courses and media-study related courses for the department and the Le Moyne’s core curriculum. In addition to designing new courses to expand the department’s engagement with media, the successful candidate will coordinate with the department’s Creative Media Manager to oversee the program’s production equipment and will serve as faculty moderator of the College’s video production club. Expectations are teaching 3 courses per semester, establishing a productive research program, and contributing service within and outside the department.
The successful candidate must possess an MFA or doctoral degree in communication, video production, or related by position start date.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
- 35 hour work weeks
Doctoral Range: $66,500 – $70,000
Masters Range: $63,500 – $67,700
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position, please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=169091 and click “Apply Now” and submit the required materials for consideration: a cover letter indicating a record of scholarship and/or creation in video/digital film or media and experience teaching in undergraduate students; statement of teaching philosophy; curriculum vita; example of scholarship, which could include written work (maximum of 25 pages) or creation in video/digital film or media. Additionally, please have three letters of recommendation sent electronically email@example.com with the subject line “Video production search.”
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.