Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Department of Education at Le Moyne College invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The department seeks candidates with experience teaching children with disabilities who are dedicated to undergraduate and graduate teaching excellence with a commitment to a strong research agenda. This position includes teaching courses related to the special education legal processes, diagnostic and eligibility assessment and decision, differentiated instruction within inclusive settings and ongoing communication with all stakeholders. The emphasis is current research-based best practices in schools.
- A Ph.D. or EdD in Special Education, or a closely related field, by position start date
- At least 3-5 years teaching experience with individuals with disabilities in K-12 schools
Classroom teacher certification in special education
- Evidence of an active research agenda related to special education
- A commitment to service
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
Salary Range: $64,500 to $67,500
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position, please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170027 and click apply and submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter discussing your interests in teaching in a small department within a liberal arts institution
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- A copy of your transcripts
- A statement of your teaching philosophy, experience, and interests
- A statement of research and scholarship interests
- Three (3) letters of recommendation to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Special Education Professor.”
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.