Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
Works collaboratively with department Data Analyst and Administrative Assistant II to support the DPAS administrative workflow, including those related to clinical placements and the ongoing programmatic self-study process. The ideal candidate is someone who is dependable, can work independently, is adaptable and able to respond to competing demands and simultaneous deadlines, highly organized, and sensitive to the confidential nature of material dealt with on a daily basis in the Department of PA studies.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Responsible for the coordination of administrative responsibilities within the DPAS:Answer office telephone, take messages and reply to questions in accordance with general instructions.
- Sort, screen, review and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; compose, prepare or ensure timely responses to a variety of written requests; prepare documents and compose routine correspondence as required.
- Scheduling rooms on Astra on behalf of faculty and staff
- Le Moyne Event planning for departmental activities including working collaboratively with other departments at Le Moyne such as Events Management, Facilities, Communications, Catering, and IT
- General faculty and administrative support (including supplies, alumni verifications, reference requests)
- Register/update students in databases for NYSSPA, AAPA, PAEA, NCCPA, ROSH Review/PANCE prep tools and other external vendor tools to support student learning.
- Responsible for reporting matriculating and graduating rosters to AAPA
- Coordinates with IT on all office equipment and able to troubleshoot technical issues with office equipment and ID card access.
- Manages check requests and reimbursements for services
- Ensure All Students Have DPAS Required Documents uploaded to Profile (insurance Card, HIPAA Training, etc.)
- Manage Departmental Student Health
- Records:Collect Health Assessment forms and Titer Reports from the Wellness Center. Scan and upload to Prism
- Assist Clinical Placement Team with Annual Slot
- Request Mailings and follow-up phone calls to secure clinical training sites for PA students
- Oversees the verification of the preceptor’s active license and Medical Board Certification
- Manage CME Credits for preceptors through AAPA websiteDistribute certificates to clinical preceptors
- Maintain department confidential student record management system (OnBase).
- Collaborate with laboratory faculty to ensure first year student lab assignments coordinate with course schedules and faculty/student preference
- Works collaboratively to coordinate events including:Orientation, College Graduation, Poster Presentation, Transition White Coat Ceremony, White Coat Ceremony and Admission Interviews
- General Student/Faculty Support (including interfacing with PASS leadership and PASS faculty mentor to support PASS activities)
- Manage background check process for admitted candidates prior to matriculation and as required by clinical year placement sites. Ensures student compliance with college and clinical sites requirements in both didactic and clinical year. (SPRING 2024)
- Manages purchase of clinical year testing platforms, PAEA. (Spring 2024)
- Serve on departmental committees with prior approval of the supervisor.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelors preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years office experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Leadership and management skills to manage departmental projects
- Mature and pleasant attitude towards all callers, students, visitors and campus staff
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, database management, electronic scheduling, email and faxing. (Knowledge, OnBase and Exxat/Prism preferred)
- Ability to work independently and multitask; have strong work ethic
- Maintain confidentiality
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain the strictest of confidentiality as it relates to the PA Program.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Salary Range: $16.80/hour – $20/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=168361 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references