Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community. Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and Jesuits to apply for employment.
The Wellness Center Care Coordinator supports Wellness Staff, COVID team and students to manage identified concerns or barriers that impede success. This position will require collaboration and consultation with colleagues in the colleges, health care providers both on and off campus, families, as well as other support resources with coordination of student referrals, development for reporting and maintenance of student cases. The Care Coordinator will respond to daily case management functions as identified by the Wellness and COVID teams. This position will also act as administrative support to the Wellness Center for Health and Counseling by performing duties of reception, office management and direct support to Director of the Wellness Center for Health and Counseling.
The Wellness Center Care Coordinator is a ten month position.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Serve as a liaison in addressing the identified needs of identified students in distress. This includes but is not limited to: mental health issues, physical health issues, financial, academic, and any other barriers that may impede a student’s success.
- Provide coverage and triage support to Wellness Center Administration and COVID team.
- Campus and Community Liaison: Identifying and formulating relationships to strengthen community referral opportunities.
- Providing documentation and monitoring of discharges, transitions, and referrals to ensure continuity of care.
- Assume coordination of social engagement to include marketing, psychoeducation groups, creation of programming and support as needed.
- Provides an accepting, safe, and nurturing environment for students seeking counseling.
- Gives students seeking counseling respect and appropriate warmth and attention without intrusiveness, keeping them within appropriate personal and professional counseling boundaries.
- Keeps completely confidential all information about students in counseling including identities and diagnoses.
- When responding to inquiries from parents, faculty, administrators, Resident Advisors, and other students about confidential matters, uses tact, good judgment, and discretion in order to keep students’ confidentiality intact and yet accept the person’s need or wish to know.
- Functions as an anchor and resource for Counseling
- Center staff by monitoring students coming for appointments, provide materials they may need and inform them of any crises or concerns.
- Maintains constant alertness, quick thinking, and continual sound judgment
- Maintains appointment calendars on Point and Click.
- Update Point and Click as necessary for adding new employees, scanning student documents, etc. as well as run reports as requested.
- Assists in scheduling logistical arrangements for outreach programs.
- Performs secretarial and related duties to assist and relieve professional staff. Requires ability to prioritize tasks received from three professional staff, several graduate student interns, several undergraduate interns, student workers, and a consulting psychiatrist, and to communicate diplomatically with each person.
- Manages DASS (Emotional Health Screening) requests from Health Center and follow up
- Arranges meetings for all professional staff as well as conference and travel arrangements.
- Takes responsibility for the center “spaces” including reception area, offices, and Zen Zone and restock supplies as needed.
- Assists the Director with monitoring Wellness (Counseling/Health) Center budgets as well as request any check requests, stipends or reimbursement request for staff.
- Manages all receipts for purchases made on the college credit card and reconcile Key Bank credit card on a monthly basis.
- Maintains and update Wellness center website.
- Keeps the Counselor-On-Call schedule up to date and publish to proper campus contacts.
- Updates On-Call Binder as necessary.
- Trains and monitors student employees in the rules of confidentiality. Track and approve student employee hours. Participate in the Dolphins GROW program, which uses brief, structured conversations between student employees and their supervisors to help make the learning that is occurring through student employment more “visible” to the students.
- Prepares agenda for weekly staff meeting & case conference and take minutes as needed.
- Uses critical and independent thinking to determine whether a student needs a counseling intervention immediately, needs a counseling appointment within 48 hours, or can wait the typical time for an appointment (3-7 days). Also, applies same level of judgement and thinking to take the initiative to check with the Director or counselor to verify judgment if needed.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and case management related work experience
- Ability to function in a fast paced and complex environment with an extraordinary ability to remain calm and project a welcoming and supportive presence.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Computer competency in Word, Excel essential, Datatel and Point and Click (electronic medical record system) preferred.
- Experience in office work duties such as scheduling appointments, filing, handling referrals and phone calls.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
Generous time off package
35 hour work weeks
Pay Range: $22.00-$25.00 /hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170097 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references