Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The ERIE21 Youth Program Technology Specialist is responsible for the planning and implementation of Lock 1 (middle school) & Lock 2 (high school) technology programming and services for Central New York School District partners. The Specialist will support the growth and development of all other locks as needed. This individual will be responsible for partnering with internal and external stakeholders to engage a diverse cohort of middle and high school students from various schools, with a focus on suburban and rural districts, providing them with intentional programming focused on innovation/technology and tech workforce development programming. This individual will ensure that the program meets necessary timelines/deadlines and complies with all contractual requirements set forth by Le Moyne College & ERIE21 contracted partners.
This position is a grant funded position. Renewal is based on funding being available from external sources and the performance review process by external sources and is contingent on the continued receival of those funds.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Work collaboratively with ERIE21 technology instructors to create a culturally responsive curriculum for middle and high school aged students, focused on technology, innovation, quantitative reasoning and related STEM disciplines
- Serve as tech industry expert on the Youth
- Program team, making recommendations about relevant technology, curriculum development and instructional tools to facilitate student learning
- Collaborate with colleagues and students to create and foster an inclusive and supportive learning community
- Collaborate with ERIE21 team and school district partners to coordinate teacher professional development opportunities with tech professionals
- Participate in regular professional development to stay current on best practices in teaching technology to middle and high school students
- Collaborate with ERIE21 team to grow our roster of tech professionals to assist us with instruction of youth programs
- Develop an understanding of the New York State Technology standards for middle and high school students
- Coordinate curriculum development for and support to annual Lock 1 Summer Quantitative Thinking Village (QTV) & Lock 2 summer Innovation Academy
Student Engagement & Support
- Collaborate with Youth Program Administrator to plan and implement monthly Tech Saturday programming
- Collaborate with the Youth Program Manager & ERIE21 tech instructors to plan weekly technology education classes during the academic year (September-June)
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to recruit students for Lock 1 & Lock 2 academic year and summer-based programming as needed
- Provide ERIE21 participants with assistance accessing local, state & federal resources to support their learning and post-secondary endeavors as needed
- Motivate students collectively and individually to achieve academic success through programmatic and service offerings including, but not limited to, academic support, advising, college prep, career development & personal development
- Function as a student advocate in all interactions with parents, family, school, and community constituencies
Assessment & Reporting
- Develop assessment tools to evaluate student learning and satisfaction, and use results to enhance the curriculum and improve the student experience. Assessment tools include, but are not limited to, focus groups & pre- and post-program surveys.
- Collaborate with tech instructors to evaluate the effectiveness of programming
- Provide data and reporting as needed to the Program Manager, Director of ERIE21, Special Assistant to the President, and others as requested
- Maintain accurate, organized and detailed records of student meetings and engagements, provide summaries/reports as needed & maintain open communication with Director of ERIE21
Management & Operations
- Facilitate regular planning meetings with technology instructors to plan for upcoming events and initiatives
- Plan and attend program activities, professional development opportunities, staff meetings & school/college/community functions
- Advise and support fellow Lock 1 & 2 staff members as needed
- Assist with the development of other locks and programmatic elements as needed
- Represent ERIE21 on the Syracuse Maker Faire
- Committee and other industry-focused boards and committees as needed
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent experience required
- Continuing Education Certificate or post-secondary education in related discipline preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years working with middle school and/or high school students
- Preference will be given to ERIE21 Lock 4 Alumnus
- Experience working with STEM students and/or professionals preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in STEM/Technology, preferably computer science, web programming, robotics, engineering and/or cybersecurity preferred
- Familiarity with local community resources to support students in need preferred
- Familiarity with best practices in recruitment and retention preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated effective experience and skill in working with students from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds
- Knowledgeable of various learning styles and study skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with community, academic & industry partners
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends to accommodate student needs and programming
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Driver’s License (some travel is required to and from offsite locations. Mileage will be reimbursed by the College).
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits:
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
- 35 hour work weeks
Pay Range: $24.25-$25.74
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/static/clients/448LMM1/index.jsp and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.