Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Specialist, Advancement Services serves as the lead staff member responsible for processing gifts, donor acknowledgements/tax receipts, matching gifts, demographic maintenance, varied financial reports, and also assists with stewardship. This position has significant responsibilities in the area of data and gift entry to ensure that all gifts and pledges are accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Finance Office. The position also provides administrative support and assistance to the Advancement division, assists in data entry and other duties as needed. This position will also have some responsibilities as a back-up for the Advancement Information Systems Analyst.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Job duties specific to this position:
- Handles all duties relative to processing, recording and acknowledging gifts in Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities and ensure accurate processing and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Processes online gifts received through iModules, GiveCampus, and other systems.
- Process monthly payroll deductions.
- Tracks, confirms and processes matching gifts, including communicating with matching companies/foundations and providing documentation as requested.
- Reconciles gift batches and prepares batches for daily deposit.
- Prepares monthly batch reports for the Finance Office.
- Produces and distributes accurate receipts, acknowledgement letters and tribute notifications (in honor and in memory of) for every gift within a designated benchmarked timeframe and maintains appropriate documentation for College and audit purposes.
- Process all non-electronic gifts and produces and distributes receipts, acknowledgements and tribute notification with a goal of this occurring within a 24/48-hour period.
- Collaborates with Stewardship to implement and coordinate donor stewardship programs, including developing and maintaining stewardship records in
- Raiser’s Edge, tracking information, monitoring activity and producing reports. Works with others in the department to help coordinate and run the annual stewardship reporting process.
- Coordinates with Stewardship on maintaining the donor acknowledgement letter templates and updates, as needed at least annually.
- Communicates with the Director of Advancement Services to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Communicates with the Director of Advancement Services to resolve technical problems and make adjustments to ensure efficient and effective gift processing and acknowledgement activities.
Processes special handling of non-routine gifts (stock, real estate, planned gifts, etc.) and deposits.
- Records donor pledges in Raiser’s Edge and maintains all pledge files. Tracks outstanding pledges and produces pledge reminder letters to donors.
- Reports as appropriate on outstanding pledges.
- Verifies and updates biographical data in Raiser’s
- Edge as provided by Development Officers, constituent information received via gifts and/or correspondence to ensure accuracy of the database.
- With the Director of Advancement Services, maintains best practices to ensure the most accurate database possible.
- Handles highly sensitive information and maintains confidentiality on all materials handled adhering to and enhancing established College and departmental data integrity standards.
- Reviews, revises and/or creates documentation related to operating procedures for tasks or system processes.
Additional tasks that position will be backup on:
- Assists in maintaining constituent records, including the ability to add new records, update existing records, record clean ups and assisting with other coding projects, as assigned.
- Serves as back up for assisting the Finance office with monthly gift reconciliations, helps to identify errors and provides back up documentation for Financial reviews/ audits.
- Learns basic query language to eventually assist with pulling simple clean up queries and other database related review queries.
- Maintaining templates for pledge reminders.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and 4+ years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills are required
- Exceptional attention to detail and a customer service philosophy are required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be self-directed and be able to maintain multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Prior experience with database software necessary, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge. Experience with Slate software is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google products, especially MS Word, MS Excel and Word Mail Merge.
- Experience with query and report writing is a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience in a higher education setting is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and general ledger experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
Generous time off package
Salary Range: $22.00-$26.00/hr.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170358 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references