Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Registrar Specialist is responsible with assisting continuing education (non-matriculated), transfer, and matriculated students in regards to registration, reporting, customer service and the maintenance of student records, policies, and procedures related to these populations.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Contribute to the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office
- Interprets and enforces academic rules and regulations as appropriate
- Provide excellent customer service to the constituents of the Registrar’s Office (i.e. students, parents, faculty, staff, external agencies, etc.) by answering a wide-range of questions via the telephone, email, and additional modes of communication
- Manage all communications for the Continuing Education and Registrar’s Office emails as well as office outgoing and incoming mail
- Assist the Registrar’s Office with the maintenance of all student education records as needed
- Routinely review data entry and student records information to ensure data integrity
- Utilize the College’s Student Information System, data software tools, and Excel to create reports and charts to support data analysis for the Registrar and related constituents
- Track and manage all forms received by the Registrar’s Office to ensure proper workflow process and notification is being followed for completion
- Investigate and implement innovative ideas to enhance and streamline policies and procedures
- Serve as the liaison between academic departments, the Provost’s Office, and the Registrar’s Office in the request and creation of intersession academic course schedules/offerings
- Serve as the main administrative contact for registration purposes for non-matric, intercession, and continuing education courses
- Collaborate with the Office of Admission, Director for Transfer Admission, and Student Success Center in regards to the onboarding of transfer and non-matriculated students
- Evaluate student records of those who need to take prerequisite courses before earning full-time enrollment
- Coordinate, manage, and process the “move-to-student” and registration process for all incoming students (i.e. non-matriculated, transfer, and matriculated undergraduates and graduate students)
- Provide academic advisement to non-matriculated and transfer students in collaboration with related academic departments
- Review transcripts and process incoming transfer credit to student academic records and notify students and departments as appropriate
- Assist the Registrar’s Office with registration for current and prospective matriculated students
- Review transfer credit evaluations and degree audits to ensure all transfer credit is properly applied for transfer students
- Support the review and adjustment of graduation audits to ensure students are prepared for degree and certificate conferral
- Manage communications to current and prospective non-matriculated, transfer, and matriculated students as well as the college community
- Update and maintain the web pages related to Continuing Education as needed
- Assist the Registrar and Associate/Assistant Registrar with administrative tasks
- Serve on College committees as requested or assigned
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in higher education setting or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training (preferably in higher education).
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact well with others in a fast-paced operation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in both written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills with the ability to take initiative.
Advanced word-processing skills and database experience, including Microsoft Office. Proficient in Excel.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Respect for confidential information; working knowledge of FERPA is preferred.
- Experience with Colleague Datatel, Unity OnBase, Parchment: Digital credential service, and a higher education setting preferred.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
Generous time off package
Salary Range: $23.55 – $29.44/hour.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=168703 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references