Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Registered Nurse/COVID Office Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and will serve as a support nurse to the COVID office team as well as provide direct nursing care and health education in collaboration with the other members of Student Health Services as needed. The nurse shall work in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Coordinate all aspects of COVID screening and testing during operational hours.
- Coordinate daily testing efforts including emailing: packing list, isolation packets, release from isolation information sheet
- Perform case investigations as needed for positive students/staff
- Follow up with students who test positive and document in EMR
- Updating covid tracking spread sheet as needed
Notifies AD on call when campus housing accommodations are needed
- Ensures students in isolation on campus have received information on how to receive meals in isolation as needed, and are able to access meals.
- Work in coordination with other COVID nurse to order test kit materials to ensure inventory is appropriate
- Responsible for taking a pertinent health history, vital signs, examine patients, collect specimens, and treat appropriately according to established procedures and policies while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Triage students appropriately in collaboration with other health care workers.
- Documents nursing actions, update medical records implementing EHR
- Maintains skills of physical assessment, CPR, infection control, phlebotomy, administration of medication, PPDs, immunization and other nursing procedures; acquire and maintain skills needed to function in all areas of college student health; participate in health teaching, assist NP, PA with appointments, examinations and procedures and teaching as requested.
- Reviews and documents all laboratory results and notify appropriate personnel of abnormalities.
- Provides support, education and referral for students regarding psychosocial and physical issues in collaboration with Health Office and Counseling Center personnel.
- Provides direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of material resources, appraise quality and effectiveness of same, report deficiencies to supervisor; assist in inventory and replenishment of supplies.
- Stocks and maintains examination rooms on a daily basis.
- Cleans appropriately, according to OSHA standards, all medical areas on a daily and as needed basis.
Maintains respect for patients’ rights as prescribed by the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student interactions and records.
- Participates in staff meetings and review meetings as requested
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved nursing program, baccalaureate degree desirable.
- New York State license and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
Ability to use emergency medical equipment required.
- Ability to perform sterilization and infectious disease control techniques in the normal performance of day-to-day operations required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Well organized.
- Ability to prioritize.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Range: $23.06/hour – $26.50/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com