Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, New York is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Department of Nursing at Le Moyne College seeks qualified candidates for a full-time Family Nurse Practitioner professor of practice nursing faculty appointment. This is a ten-month faculty position with teaching and advising responsibilities in the graduate nursing program.
The responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in program development
- Providing content expertise
- Designing and delivering courses on campus and online
- Teaching clinical applications and professional role development
- Student advisement
Involvement in Department of Nursing committees
- Participation in service to the Department, Purcell School and College
- An earned a master’s degree in Nursing, doctoral degree preferred
- National Family Nurse Practitioner certification
Experience teaching in higher education, including graduate education
An unencumbered New York state RN license.
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Knowledge of curriculum development and program planning, especially at the graduate level.
- Experience with research development and teaching
- The ability to effectively speak and work with individuals and groups and positively represent the program and college.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5%
- Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
Salary Range: $79,000 to $82,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Candidates can apply by going to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170660 and clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* A cover letter discussing your interest in the position
* A copy of your curriculum vitae
* A statement of your teaching philosophy, experience, and effectiveness
* Three letters of recommendation
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.