Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Community Engagement and Properties Manager is responsible for coordinating, managing, and implementing neighborhood plans and related initiatives as well as the direct management oversight of assigned residential properties. The Coordinator will engage with students, build community, and work with members of the Le Moyne campus community, the local neighborhood, the City of Syracuse, the Town of Dewitt, and other agencies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Job duties specific to this position:
- Develops short and long-range strategies to enhance the quality of life in the Le Moyne neighborhood
- Leads and facilitates neighborhood engagement community meetings
- Creates and runs an information campaign for neighbors to understand resources available to them and connect them to resources to help them make improvements to their properties (including loan and grant programs, Home Headquarters and property redevelopment, etc)
- Creates ways to link the neighborhood with the resources available at Le Moyne for the broader community
- Works with the Salt Springs Neighborhood Association to help support and strengthen the neighborhood; attends all meetings
- Builds relationships with realtors so that they can speak to the assets and strengths about buying in the neighborhood and to promote owner-occupancy in the neighborhood
- Organizes and advertises public meetings and conducts other public outreach/participation efforts associated with planning projects
- Plans at least one neighborhood event each year to build community
- Administers, seeks, and implements grant programs related to neighborhood planning or improvement
- Works with the College to explore the creation of student service opportunities in targeted neighborhoods; work with student leaders to build relationships with community partners
- Serves as a liaison for neighborhood planning activities with community members, neighborhood groups, developers, City Boards, Town Boards, etc.
- Manage facilities, programming, move in/out, of assigned student properties
- Design procedures and policies for assigned properties that suit tenants’ needs
- Serve as a liaison between residence and facilities as needed; arrange for maintenance to meet College’s standards
- Maintain a positive, productive relationship with student tenants
- Collaborate with Security on student issues
Manage lease/contracts/housing agreements in a timely and reliable manner
- Advertise and market vacant spaces to attract tenants, and assign tenants
- Assist with collecting rents, deposits and handle operating expenses
- Develop and manage annual budgets by forecasting requirements and analyzing trends
- Accomplish financial goals and report periodically on financial performance
- Assist Campus Life and Leadership as needed with various housing tasks
- May represent the College at City, Town, or Neighborhood meetings
- Must be available to respond to housing issues outside of regular work hours
- Attendance at night and weekend meetings may be required
- Provide support as needed to Assistant Directors for Leadership and Activities, and Residence Life and Housing.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving
- operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 + years of experience in residence management
An understanding of property management and its financial aspects
- knowledge of all rules and regulations surrounding property management
- Competency in MS Office and relevant databases and software
- Customer service focus with a goal towards maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Personable with strong communication and follow up skills
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Occasional nights and weekends required
- Preference will be given to candidates who are living or able to relocate to the Salt Springs neighborhood or to on campus housing.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- Generous time off package
- 35 hour work week
Salary Range: $58,500-$62,000
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170694 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.