Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community. Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and Jesuits to apply for employment.
The HVAC Mechanic is responsible for the repair, maintenance, operation, adjustment and installation of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration equipment, and related control systems.
- Install, repair, adjust, service and maintain electric or pneumatic control systems for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, humidity, laboratory equipment, including calibration of related instruments, gauges and controls.
- Install, operate, service, and repair conventional mechanical refrigeration/air conditioning equipment including standard refrigerators, and general air conditioning units.
- Repair, clean, adjust, and/or install oil and gas burners and auxiliary heating specialties other than high-pressure equipment.
- Conduct necessary tests of equipment to determine malfunctions or causes of breakdown; remove and replace faulty parts, subassemblies and major components; re-test equipment with repaired components and make required adjustments and corrections.
- Recommend ordering of necessary parts and supplies for maintenance of equipment.
Maintain air compressors, air dryers, and low voltage installations such as warning light systems.
- Instruct and advise users of proper operation of equipment.
- May be required to make emergency repairs at hours other than normal schedule.
- May direct helpers and other tradesmen in performance of duties.
- Calibrate gas ovens and electric grills.
Install additional electrical/plumbing components to improve performance or for adaptation of existing systems.
- Perform duties outside classification incidental to the responsibilities of the Physical Plant
- Department or such duties assigned.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ten years minimum experience in HVAC trade with working knowledge of steam hydronic and forced air heating, refrigeration, gas electric, pneumatic and direct digital control systems.
- Knowledge of heating, refrigeration/air conditioning equipment and/or pneumatic and electrical control systems as applicable to work specialty.
- Experience with steam, hot water and chilled water systems.
- Provides their own tools, and knows materials, methods and hazards of trade.
- Skill in the use of tools of the trade.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting.
- Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s license.
- EPA certification for Refrigerant Handling.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issuesand to considerways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment,andunderstanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
12 paid holidays
Generous time off package
For more details on the College’s benefit programs, please visit our Benefits page by clicking here.
Hourly Pay Range: $26.96- $28.85 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=139656 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the job is filled.