Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community. Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and Jesuits to apply for employment.
The General Maintenance Person is responsible for upkeep, and maintenance of the College’s facilities, and other related needs of the College assigned to the Physical Plant.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Repair and maintain lighting and electrical equipment, including tasks such as re-lamping, installing light fixture ballasts, and replacing fixtures, including exit signs, smoke detectors and emergency light fixtures.
- Perform basic plumbing repairs including faucet repairs and replacements; plunging, replacing and repairing toilets; repairing minor leaks; cutting, threading and soldering pipes.
- Perform daily inspection of mechanical systems and fire safety systems.
- Perform basic carpentry tasks including minor furniture repairs, installing shelving and bulletin boards, repairing damaged drywall, and similar tasks.
- Maintain facility and surrounding areas including trash and snow removal.
- Report to Assistant Director of Operations any potential safety hazards and structural problems of the facility.
- Responsible to receive, review, coordinate and seek clarification from appropriate individuals to complete tasks.
- Be able to work independently and apply critical and creative problem-solving skills to accomplish their work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments using discretion based on level of immediate need and importance.
- Organize and maintain storage and shop areas.
- Assist other physical plant employees in completing tasks, projects, etc.
- Perform duties outside of classification incidental to the responsibilities of the Facilities Department as assigned.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development.
- Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
Five (5) years relevant experience in carpentry, basic electrical, plumbing and mechanical work, required.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License, required.
- Knowledge of the safety standards and precautions pertaining to the performing required tasks.
- Ability communicate effectively with others, required.
- Able to read and follow written and oral instructions, required.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching and lifting objects up to 75 lbs, required.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- May have to work overtime hours on an intermittent basis when operational needs arise.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- Generous time off package
- 40 hour work week
Pay Range: $20.97 – $23.28/ hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/static/clients/448LMM1/index.jsp;jsessionid=44A45C94D5D064B66154FCA0D0B6B8C6 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references