Website Le Moyne College
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, New York is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society. Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The department of Visual and Performing Arts at Le Moyne College cultivates and curates safe spaces within which students, faculty, staff, and community members can perform, create, teach, engage, lead, and learn. We believe that the arts stimulate conversation, encourage creativity, and change people for the better. We are relentlessly devoted to building communities, celebrating differences, and creating an open environment that is welcoming to all.
A member of the Le Moyne Advancement team, the Advancement Officer reports to the Senior Director, Major & Leadership Gifts. Responsibilities include engagement, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts from alumni, parents, friends and organizations in support of Le Moyne College. The staff member works closely with colleagues in annual giving, alumni and parent engagement, planned giving, development, athletics and advancement services, as well as the entire Le Moyne community on specific projects.
The Advancement Officer will help to engage a much larger, active cadre of donors and prospects and to create a more robust culture of philanthropic support at Le Moyne while also helping to advance the College’s mission through other engagement and support opportunities.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Manage a defined portfolio of approximately 150-175 major gift donors and prospects with the capacity to make multi-year commitments of $10,000 or more; multiple significant contacts will be made with each of these individuals.
- Make approximately 100-125 documented face-to-face (or virtual equivalent) visits and 200 or more total contacts annually. Travel is required.
- Maintains complete and timely records of contacts with prospects and volunteers.
Maintains the confidentiality of donor data, records and gifts.
- Provides high-level event stewardship, and individual donor support.
- Identify and qualify new prospects, develop long-term relationships with donors and prospects, and successfully solicit major gifts or other defined, advancement related opportunities for endowed, capital and current-use College priorities.
- Prepare written proposals, informational materials, gift illustrations and other materials to secure major gifts.
- Develop and execute an individualized plan for prospects.
- Solicit prospects for an annual gift during the fiscal year, in addition to major gifts as appropriate.
- Design and execute cultivation events for individuals and groups.
- Understand and represent the full range of activities at the College and be conversant in all ways in which a donor may choose to make a gift (annual, capital, endowed, stock, planned and estate).
- Manage key volunteers in a variety of roles including identification, engagement, solicitation and event planning.
- Interact effectively with internal contacts such as Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, faculty, officers and other advancement staff to consult on College needs.
- Represent the College as needed at regional and on-campus events.
- Assist in short- and long-term strategic planning for the overall major gifts program.
- Perform other development-related duties as assigned.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Four or more years of successful development or related experience, preferably in higher education;
- Demonstrated ability to personally and effectively cultivate major gift relationships and solicit major gifts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
Articulate and persuasive written and oral presentation skills;
- Genuine affinity for the mission of Le Moyne College, able to learn and understand priorities and to advocate and articulate them to donors and prospects;
- Collaborative problem solver; bring an entrepreneurial approach to designing personal donor engagement strategies;
- Innovative, self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects well, working both independently and as a team member;
Creative, positive outlook;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, work ethic;
- Time-sensitive, goal oriented, deadline driven;
- Highly sensitive to confidential information;
- Maintain valid U.S. Drivers’ License, willingness to travel 60+ days a year. Evening, weekend work required.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
Generous time off package
Salary Range: $61,000 – $76,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=168311 and click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references