Website John Carroll University
Site Coordinator, Carroll Reads Early Literacy Program
Posting Number: AS753P
The Carroll Reads Site Coordinator oversees the John Carroll University (JCU) Carroll Reads students at each Community Partner school in tutoring sessions two times per week. This is an hourly position, and is grant funded. The on-site coordinator is responsible for preparing the early literacy, Science of Reading, and Reading A-Z material for the students each week, overseeing the tutoring sessions, completing assessment data, and providing feedback about the tutors. Occasional meetings with administrators or teachers may be expected, along with regular communication with CSSA’s Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct orientation and training for new tutors, including organizing necessary paperwork for the Community Partner school.
• Develop and maintain relationships with school administration, classroom teachers, tutors and students. Act as liaison between Community Partner and JCU to ensure beneficial operation of the program for administrators, teachers, tutors and tutored students.
• Communicate with school administration to ensure tutoring space is adequately set up for tutoring activities.
• Create a positive learning environment (both physical and emotional) for the tutoring initiative. Prepare tutoring materials and lesson plans for each tutored student in advance of each tutoring session.
• Provide oversight to ensure tutored students are receiving appropriate services. Ensure proper storage, maintenance and accounting of tutoring materials on site.
• Conduct, attend or participate in training sessions as requested.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of volunteer activities and hours. Complete and submit monthly reports.
• Maintain files and records of tutoring activities and for each tutored child.
• Provide feedback on tutor performance and work with the CSSA Director to ensure a positive learning experience for the JCU tutors involved.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-3 years of experience working in early literacy programs and/or as reading specialist
• Must have the willingness to engage with and mentor college students
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
• Current certification/licensed teacher
• Early Literacy experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Experience in a school-based program or tutoring
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4966557
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.