Website John Carroll University
Staff Psychologist/Counselor (full-time)
Posting Number: AS733P
John Carroll University’s Counseling Center is seeking a full-time Counselor/Psychologist with demonstrated clinical experience working in a college counseling setting and/or with adolescent and young adult populations. Responsibilities include delivering quality clinical care for students, consultation and training for the campus community, supervision and training of practicum students or interns, and participation in team decision-making about how to develop operations. We are currently working to enhance our outreach and clinical work with Students of Color, LGBTQ students and students from underserved populations. We welcome applications from those who have demonstrated experience with clients from marginalized groups. A primary purpose of this position is to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the effective provision of high-quality counseling services to students that reduce barriers to learning and create opportunities for greater academic achievement and student success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide phone screenings, intake evaluations, and individual and group counseling.
• Provide training and clinical supervision for master’s interns or doctoral practicum counselors.
• Provide training and consultation to the campus community, including students, faculty, staff, and parents.
• Provide crisis intervention and if needed, serve in an emergency on-call capacity.
• Participate in assessment and evaluation activities to adapt services to meet the needs of the student body and campus community, using a population health model.
• Participate in developing and maintaining effective relationships with other campus constituencies, and serve on university committees.
• Perform other functions or duties as assigned by the director.
• Master’s degree from an accredited program in Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the developmental and psychological issues of college students and ability to establish effective rapport with this population.
• Possess and demonstrate the ability to work with diverse constituencies and have excellent skills in oral and written communication.
• Possess values compatible with, and supportive of, the mission of John Carroll University.
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
• Doctoral Degree from an accredited program in Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or related field.
• LPCC, LPCC-S, LISW, LISW-S, or licensed psychologist in the state of Ohio.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse clients and interest in working with issues of identity and culture.
• Prior experience working in a college counseling center.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4958525
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.