Website John Carroll University
Client Systems Specialist
Posting Number: AS747P
The Client Systems Specialist is responsible for providing assistance to faculty, staff, students, and guests who contact the ITS Service Desk assisted by a well trained and customer oriented student staff. The Client Systems Specialist will serve as John Carroll University’s desktop and systems technician within the Customer Service Operations unit and will assist with coordination of the activities related to support of faculty/staff desktops, including the supervision and direction of work-study students. This role will require troubleshooting and maintaining desktop computer hardware, software, and peripherals, handling confidential information with discretion, and integrity. The position will also provide creative and innovative solutions that take advantage of emerging technologies and trends in the overall area of desktop information technology, as well as other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide maximum system usability for clients by:
• Use TeamDynamix software to track/manage work orders promptly.
• Responsible for resolving routine technical issues on the first call, and sending more complex issues on to tier 2 support for resolution. End user requests are received via telephone, email, and walk-ins to the Service Desk.
• Communicate effectively with clients with diverse skill sets to assist them in resolving their problems.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues on-site, remotely, via email and phone to provide maximum system usability and functionality.
• Assisting end users in the classrooms, computer labs, and meeting rooms equipped with AV, computer, virtual PC and printer equipment.
• Data retrieval from failing systems (ex. Hard drive failure) using data recovery tools and imaging software tools.
• Diagnose, repair, and rebuild user profiles.
• Diagnose and repair virus and malware/spyware detection.
• Use network tools to assist with troubleshooting network connectivity problems for computer, phones, printers and any personal devices.
• Ensure the provisioning of advanced expertise in all facets of distributed computing/information technology.
• Assist the Associate Director in supervising Work Study student employees (WSS):
• Train WSS and ensure they have the required knowledge to assist the campus community in a timely manner, respective to their role within the Service Desk. Striving for improved first call resolution statistics.
• Hold regular one on ones with WSS to review tickets, give feedback, and build relationships.
• In conjunction with the Client System Specialists, create daily lists for each position type of tickets, tasks & projects that need to be completed.
• Analyze ticket resolution and queue status on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis providing regular reporting and feedback to ITS management.
• Configuration and installation of new hardware by:
• Backing up system configuration files and data from client’s old systems.
• Restoration of system configuration files and data to the client’s new systems.
• End user migration and customization.
• Physical installation of new systems.
• Removal of old systems.
• Maintain inventory for all equipment.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned:
• Provide weekend telephone support when scheduled.
• Provide support as requested for special events after business hours.
• Promote institutional understanding of the ubiquity of information technology by instructing clients as necessary on hardware and software usage.
• Engage in professional development by:
• Pursuing advanced training opportunities as available.
• Continuously strive to be a role model for customer service.
• Provide a high-quality and supportive work environment for department professionals and support staff.
• Maximize departmental awareness of external developments in information technology.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or 2-5 years relevant work experience.
• Certifications: A+, Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA, MCP), or 1-3 years’ experience with applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
• Installing/troubleshooting PCs; Experience with a wide range of operating systems and hardware platforms.
• Ability to install, upgrade, and troubleshoot network clients in Microsoft and TCP/IP environments.
• Ability to follow a logical progression of troubleshooting steps when diagnosing hardware and software issues.
• Ability to manage time, prioritize assignments, and work collaboratively with other staff as necessary.
• Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment and stay current on emerging technologies.
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and the world/
• Experience working with a virtual environment
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, MDT and SCCM
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5000753
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.