Website John Carroll University
Associate Director of Residence Life for Housing Operations
Posting Number: AS735P
The Associate Director of Residence Life for Housing Operations is an integral member of the Residence Life and Division of Student Experience and Campus Belonging team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Residence Life, the Associate Director is responsible for the management and oversight of housing operations for a growing university-sponsored housing system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise Assistant Director of Housing Operations
• Develop all housing selection processes and timelines.
• Collaborate with external university partners (Student Accessibility Services, Financial Aid, Dining, etc.) to support the work of the Assistant Director of Housing Operations.
• Provide supervision of occupancy management, room assignments, and billing related to housing and dining.
Manage housing operations for growing university housing system
• Serve as the primary Residence Life liaison with the Facilities Department and Housekeeping.
• Maintain consistent standards of cleanliness and remain current on repairs, vandalism, and other maintenance related concerns.
• Coordinate in collaboration with Facilities capital projects, maintenance and repair in the residence halls.
• Oversee all housing/occupancy related processes including, room change and opening and closing of housing.
• Supervise residence hall access and security camera system.
• Collaborate with Fraternity and Sorority in the implementation of FSL communities housed in one of the residence halls.
Supervise expanded university-sponsored housing options, including off-campus apartments and duplexes
• Develop programmatic offerings for apartments and duplex residents.
• Supervise Residence Life staff supporting residents.
• Serve as the primary liaison with external management partner.
Manage Summer Conference and Summer Housing programs
• Coordinate scheduling, billing, and staffing for all summer conferences and summer housing.
• Work with campus partners and outside vendors to coordinate all aspects of the summer conference program (including linen service, catering, etc.)
Provide high-level emergency response to residential facilities events:
• Coordinate communication, delegation of responsibilities, and assessment of immediate needs with Residence Life on-call staff members, JCUPD, and Facilities leadership.
• In collaboration with the Manager of Auxiliary Services, assess similarly significant events and coordinate communication and response in academic and other on-campus facilities.
• The Associate Director will have functional supervision of full-time Area Coordinators and Graduate Assistants (in the areas of housing operations).
• Share responsibility for secondary on-call duty support.
• Participate in RA Training and development as needed.
• Represent the Office of Residence Life in various divisional and university committees.
• Master’s Degree in Higher Education or Related field.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in Residence Life/Housing with specific experience in housing operations and supervision of staff.
• Strong oral and written communication, analytical, assessment, facilities management and staff development skills.
• Proficiency in data base and software systems that support the operations of residence life.
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to
excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
• Previous experience with Adirondack/THD and/or Lenel security systems.
• Previous supervisory experience beyond undergraduate students.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4958528
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.