Website John Carroll University
Associate Director of Enrollment Communications for Visit Experience
Posting Number: AS755P
The Associate Director of Enrollment Communications for Visit Experience increases visibility for John Carroll University and cultivates a sense of connection between prospective families and the institution. This role owns all aspects of the daily visitor experience, including the service design of the visit, the Welcome Center, supervision of Welcome Center staff including one full-time employee and tour guides, and ensures efficacy of all virtual spaces, technology, campaigns, and collateral that support the institution’s campus visit goals. This includes but is not limited to: virtual tours, communication to promote visits and post-visit engagement communication to nurture students’ next steps in their JCU journey.Because the campus visit is an expression of the brand and should be cohesively experienced as such, the Associate Director also supports broader recruitment marketing and communications initiatives. Using data, the Associate Director supports annual goal-setting for daily, group, and personalized visit attendance counts and yield, and owns the tracking, program performance, and internal communication relevant to achieving those goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with colleagues in Enrollment, Integrated Marketing Communications, faculty, and staff to design and execute a best-in-class campus visit that both differentiates JCU and cultivates an ongoing relationship between visiting families and the university.
• Responsible for the systems supporting a stellar first impression when visiting families arrive on campus, including communication, parking experience, entry onto campus, ease of directions, coordination of visit center space, staff, and technology.
• Collaborates with and directs vendors and partners who support welcome center monitors and multi-touch displays to aid in personalizing visitor experiences ensuring relevant, persona-based information architecture, integration of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology technology, print-on-demand personalized materials, and Slate-enabled personalizations.
• Manages the Welcome Center’s daily operations, logistics, team, and space. Develops and sustains processes that make a culture of radical hospitality tangible and ensures every visitor is delivered a personalized and best-in-class experience. Coordinates with the Associate Director of Admission on the Counselor on Call schedule.
• Develops presentations and advises on all printed and digital collateral encountered by families during their visit.
• Supervises coordination of daily, group, and personalized visit programs as the manager of a full-time staff member.
• Collaborates with other on-campus and off-campus offices/entities for involvement in recruitment visits and events, including the campus tour experience to engage with prospective and/or admitted students and families.
• Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, mentorship and supervision of an enthusiastic group of 45-55 student leaders who give tours and operate the Welcome Center.
• Hires, trains, and empowers the Tour Guide Leadership Team (TGLT) to lead the day to day administration of the tour guide program.
• Provides regular training, opportunities for team development and consistent feedback to student employees so they can provide accurate, timely, and on-brand information about the University to prospective students, their families and other key university stakeholders.
• Processes student employee paperwork, including payroll, work study awards, and scheduling, ensuring student employment budget is on target. Liaises with other student supervisors within the division.
• Supervises the Coordinator of Visit Experience, who oversees the scheduling and execution of personalized and group visits. Meet regularly to discuss processes, goals, partnerships and more.
• Designs and executes pre and post-visit communication journeys within the broader recruitment marketing and communication plan under the direction of the Director of Enrollment Communications and in collaboration with the Office of Integrated Marketing and Communication.
• Writes and designs content for prospective students, parents, and school counselors audiences to be delivered through drip communication flows with web, print, digital, and social components.
• Uses technology to deepen the relationship between prospective students and the student tour guides and faculty they encounter during their visits.
• Functions as a Slate CRM power user, serving as the lead for setup and management of Events and Deliver modules, querying and reporting, ensuring seamless student experience through the registration process and data integrity at the record level.
• Project manages the Slate Portal experience for the campus visit and supports administration of other Slate portals and web content, developing content and upkeep of visit and event related web pages.
• Collaborates on the selection and dissemination of promotional items related to visits and events.
• Tells the story of visit and event outcomes to internal stakeholders in pursuit of the campus visit goal in an effort to maintain clear communication and support for visit and event efforts.
• Serves as a member of the cross-functional enrollment events team, contributing to visit day planning and visioning with specific leadership over:
• Pre and post-event communication, including landing pages, invitations, omnichannel journeys to drive the student’s next action, and the administration of surveys at or following the event.
• Tour guide staffing, training, and preparation for the events.
• Attends events to ensure tours and technology integration are delivered to the same excellent standard of radical hospitality as daily, group, and personalized visits.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
• 3 years of full-time experience in college admissions and/or marketing roles
• A self-starter with aptitude for systems thinking, and an ability to motivate others through inclusivity, optimism, and coaching.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an understanding of the needs of prospective students.
• Strong organizational skills and the aptitude and willingness to perform modest clerical skills.
• Belief in the value of a liberal arts education, familiarity with and ability to articulate the value and mission of Jesuit, Catholic education.
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and electronic communication tools with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, ability to organize and find trends in data.
• A willingness and ability to work extended hours including weekends and evenings during peak times.
• Master’s degree, preferably in the field of Communications, Marketing, Design, Writing, or Business.
• Full time professional experience in marketing, copywriting, web or visual communication design, or marketing project management.
• Experience providing superior customer service to a wide variety of constituents, preferably in an educational setting.
• Working knowledge of student information systems, experience with Slate and Banner.
• Strong organization skills and ability to multitask.
• A high energy level.
• Strong attention to detail and responsiveness.
• Ability to operate effectively within ambiguity, and to bring a creative vision to life.
• Self-starter possessing a strong sense of urgency.
• Familiarity with journey mapping and omnichannel drip communication campaigns.
• Proficiency with design software, video editing tools, and similar.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4978084
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.