Website John Carroll University
Posting Number: AS754P
Working within a progressive enrollment management model, the Admission Counselor increases the John Carroll University reputation and brand awareness within a specific territory. This role works with prospective students throughout the enrollment process, focusing primarily on guiding applicants to the university through the admission review, scholarship, and financial aid processes up to attendance at new student orientation. This role will have a hire date on or after June 3, 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Devise effective territory management and effective promotion of John Carroll University through the following activities:
• Travel to high schools, college fairs, and regional events.
• Promote John Carroll University through targeted outreach and recurring follow up.
• Daily correspondence-lead/prospect/applicant generation and cultivation, frequent communication in various ways with prospects/applicants/admitted students, working to encourage visits to campus, applications for admission and enrollment deposits.
• Event planning.
• Data analysis.
• Assess candidates and make recommendations for admission.
• Group presentations and individual meetings with prospective students and families who visit campus.
• Manage merit scholarship review and financial aid awarding for students from a recruitment territory, including:
• Communication of revisions of applicant awards due to revised FAFSA, completed verification, or additional aid.
• Financial Aid Counseling (phone and personal meetings, orientation meetings).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field of study.
• One or more years of experience working in college admissions or student services.
• The ability to multi-task, plan and execute a recruitment territory plan.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an understanding of the needs of prospective students.
• Strong organizational skills and the aptitude and willingness to perform modest clerical skills.
• Belief in the value of a liberal arts education, familiarity with and ability to articulate the value and mission of Jesuit, Catholic education.
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and electronic communication tools with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, ability to organize and find trends in data.
• Ability and willingness to travel to regions out-of-state during key recruitment periods.
• A willingness and ability to work extended hours including weekends and evenings during peak times.
• Master’s degree preferably in Higher Education or MBA.
• 3 or more years of experience working in college admissions or student services.
• Experience providing superior customer service to a wide variety of constituents, preferably in an educational setting.
• Past experience in relationship management and relationship sales best practices.
• Ability to build trust with prospective students and their families to assist in overcoming objections.
• Working knowledge of student information systems, experience with Slate and Banner.
• An enthusiasm for helping students and families navigate the college search process.
• A high energy level.
• Strong attention to detail and responsiveness.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Experience in one or more of these areas:
• Working with diverse student populations.
• Working knowledge of Social Media and a level of comfort using it to market John Carroll University.
• Assist in logistics for ongoing large events in coordination with the Visit and Event team.
• The candidate will be able to accommodate a June 3, 2024, or later start date.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4976673
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.