Website John Carroll University
Posting Number: AS737P
Manage virtually all day-to day financial operations of the university including: internal and external financial and tax reporting, general ledger accounting, endowment and grant accounting, cash management and treasury functions, purchasing, payroll, accounts payable, debt service functions, fixed asset accounting and financial activities related to the university’s outside properties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of financial statements for public viewing that are audited by outside, independent auditors. Preparation for the audit includes maintaining various schedules detailing account balances. Manage the audit of the University by the outside audit firm to ensure a timely and accurate audit is performed. Manage the communication process between the University and the outside auditors.
• Manage the audit of the University’s 403b retirement savings plans now required by the DOL.
• Preparation of the University’s informational tax forms (990 and 990-T) that are open to public inspection. Forms are prepared internally and then reviewed by outside accounting firm and the audit committee.
• Review of subsidiary financial statements prepared by an outside management company detailing the activity of the University’s owned apartment buildings and retail offices. Prepare consolidated financial statements for all of the subsidiary companies that are rolled into the University’s financial statements.
• Assist in the management of the University’s cash to maximize short-term investment returns and provide the University with sufficient working capital.
• Oversee Payroll, Purchasing, Expense Management, and Accounts Payable operations.
• Periodically perform detailed financial analysis required to evaluate a variety of campus issues that arise throughout the year.
• Manage the financial information to ensure that it rises to the University’s standards and generally accepted accounting practices.
• Provide detailed information to various departments throughout campus when requested.
• Supervise work of direct reports including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, and are responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing the staff. Perform annual reviews of direct reports.
• Other duties and committee service as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field from an accredited business school.
• Ten or more years of professional accounting experience.
• Strong understanding of banking processes and financial data analysis, and current generally accepted accounting principles.
• Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting.
• An exemplary history of financial project management.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and working knowledge of their Google App equivalents.
• Interest in understanding and supporting John Carroll’s mission to inspire individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
• Certified Public Accountant license.
• Experience in overseeing payroll and/or purchasing functions.
• Experience at a Higher Education institution.
• Ellucian Banner and Tableau software experience.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent advanced degree.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Physical Requirements :
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4974246
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.