Website Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas
Reporting to the President of Jesuit Dallas, the Athletic Director is head of the Athletic Department, and is responsible for the development, management, coordination, and supervision of a competitive varsity athletics program with more than 50 coaches and 800 student athletes. The Athletic Director supports the Catholic, Ignatian identity of Jesuit Dallas and maintains this identity to invigorate an athletic program in alignment with the School’s mission.
- Maintains an athletic program that is committed to Jesuit’s mission and values.
- Recruits, hires, and evaluates coaches committed to the welfare of Jesuit’s student athletes and to developing a winning program.
- Manages, trains, and supervises the coaching and athletic staff in accordance with Jesuit Dallas and UIL rules to promote professional and personal growth.
- Provides visionary leadership, strategic planning, and policy development for Jesuit’s athletic programs.
- Works with the President and Vice Presidents to create and manage the athletic calendar.
- Assists the Operations Department in maintenance of the athletic facilities.
- Forecasts the financial needs of the Athletic Department and administers the approved annual budget.
- Works periodically with the VP of Advancement and the Advancement Department staff on fundraising initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all School, district, state, and national policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintains student athlete eligibility in collaboration with the academic administration.
- Manages the strength and conditioning and athletic training staff, related physical therapy, and wellness processes for Jesuit’s student athletes.
- Collaborates and consistently communicates with the Jesuit Dallas athletic community to encourage involvement, including current parents, parents of graduates, alumni, and other constituency groups.
- Serves on the President’s senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree from an accredited university preferred.
Commitment to academic excellence and the ability to work effectively with many different constituencies.
- Demonstrates integrity, drive, vision and comprehensive communication skills.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant and successful professional experience demonstrating increasing responsibility in the administration of an intercollegiate or high-performing secondary athletic program is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the Jesuit organization.
- Ability to effectively oversee multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
- Ability to manage an irregular work schedule, that includes nights, weekends, and travel.
- Working knowledge and skill of basic business software including word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting systems.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
- Occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds.
- Generally works in standard office and climate.
- Works in a highly stressful environment with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk or computer for extended periods of time.
Jesuit Dallas Mission Statement
Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas offers young men an excellent, Catholic education in a classical Jesuit tradition with the purpose of forming a community of young men with high moral principles and service to others.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter detailing their interest in the position to be considered. Click here to learn more and submit an application. Questions? Please contact James Kramer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jesuitcp.applicantstack.com.