Website Regis University
Head Coach, Baseball
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
09/05/2023 – 8 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
It is the responsibility of the Head Coach to lead a successful NCAA Division II Baseball program at Regis University. The athletic programs are the front porch of the institution and it is paramount that the Head Coach operates her/his program in a manner that is representative of Regis University. Excellence shall be attained through athletic success, academic achievement, service learning, and leadership development.
The Associate Athletic Director for Student Services is the Head Coaches’ immediate supervisor in all matters with Regis University. In order to insure a highly competitive NCAA Division II athletics program, performance of duties will be continually evaluated and monitored.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fielding a highly competitive sport program: Responsible to have the Baseball team finish in the top half of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC), compete in the RMAC tournament, position her/his team to be competitive in the South Central Region, and to be competitive in the NCAA post season tournament.
- Coach and schedule games, practices, and conditioning: Responsible for the content and organization of the overall program (All offenses, defenses, fundamentals and techniques, game strategies, and knowledge of all aspects of the sport). Additionally, it is the Head Coach’s responsibility to schedule non-conference games that support the NCAA Division II regional model.
- Professional development: Must engage in professional development for yourself and your staff. Head Coach is responsible for keeping with the current trends and developments; as well as the implementation in order to perform duties more effectively. Additionally, the Head Coach must attend pertinent professional opportunities including but not limited to RMAC and NCAA meetings.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes: Actively recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes in accordance with the philosophy of Regis University and in strict adherence to University, NCAA, and RMAC regulations.
- Monitor and balance the team budgets: Must provide input and work cooperatively with the Director of Athletics and/or their designee in budgeting for and requisitioning all goods and services needed and used in her/his sport program. This includes but is not limited to supplies, equipment, apparel, team travel, recruiting, etc. Each sport must operate within the University allotted budget for operating expenses and scholarships. Any expenses in excess of the team budgets must be covered by revenue generated dollars.
- Fundraise for the Athletic Department: Required to fully participate in department fundraising activities, fundraising events, University campaigns, and special project campaigns.
- Monitor student-athlete’s academic performance: Responsible for monitoring the academic success of the student-athletes in her/his program. Each head coach should work cooperatively with Regis University faculty to support their student-athletes’ path to graduation.
- Maintain facilities and equipment: Responsible for helping in maintaining the athletic facilities and ensuring that the appearance of the facilities is representative of the Regis University image. The Head Coach is responsible for purchasing equipment out of the Baseball budget in cooperation with the Director of Athletics and/or their designee. She/he is responsible for maintaining and storing the equipment for their particular sport.
- Hire and supervise a coaching staff: Responsible for hiring qualified support staff to assist in operating her/his sport program. Graduate assistant coaches report directly to the Head Coach. However, each staff member is expected to participate in Athletic Department and Regis University initiatives as determined by the Director of Athletics.
- Promote the brand of the Athletic Department and Regis University: Shall continually strive to enhance the image of the Regis University Athletics Department and its programs through in-game conduct, inter-personal contacts with parents, visitors, University faculty/staff, and community citizens. Additionally, each head coach shall participate in Athletic Department and University sponsored events and initiatives.
- Organization and communication: To ensure each program operates at its full capacity the Head Coach must demonstrate highly effective organizational and communication skills.
- Service Learning: Responsible for promoting and organizing service projects for her/his team in accordance with the staff handbook. Additionally, it is the Head Coach’s responsibility to have her/his team participate in Athletic Department sponsored service projects.
- Create an atmosphere of compliance: Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing of the NCAA, the RMAC and the Regis Athletic Department. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers for whom you are administratively responsible comply with the aforesaid policies, rules, and regulations. Immediately advise the Regis Compliance Director if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students, boosters, or parents have occurred or will occur.
Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution of higher education.
Minimum of three years NCAA Division I and or II coaching experience.
Preference of 5+ years of experience.
$50,000 – $54,545 / annually commensurate with qualifications
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: ‘How ought we to live?’ Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-a542c97cba763d4e9c80dafd91ef44f2
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.