Website Cristo Rey Seattle Jesuit High School
The Cristo Rey Network of high schools delivers a career focused, college preparatory education in the Catholic tradition for students with limited economic resources, uniquely integrating rigorous academic curricula with four years of professional work experience and support to and through college. We partner with educators, businesses, and communities to enable students to fulfill their aspirations for a lifetime of success.
Cristo Rey Jesuit Seattle HS (CRJS) is a part of the largest network of high schools in the United States exclusively serving students of limited economic resources, and a proud member of the Jesuit Schools Network. CRJS is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all, and we value the cultural diversity of our team.
If you are passionate about creating opportunities for students who would otherwise not have access to a high-quality college-preparatory Jesuit education – combined with professional work experience – and you are eager to use your skills and experience to create a faculty, student body, and school culture from the ground up, then this is the job for you. CRJS will welcome our first class of 9th grade students in the fall of 2024 and will add an additional grade level each year until we reach full enrollment.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT
- You are collaborative, resilient, flexible, diplomatic, confident, patient, and possess a sense of humor and professional presence.
- You have 5+ years of fundraising experience, including direct solicitation of five and six-figure gifts.
- You are comfortable and competent with technology and CRM software.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and innovative.
- You are comfortable with coordinating event logistics, database management, donor engagement, and developing and managing timelines and tasks.
- You have excellent communication skills, and you love to build relationships.
- You maintain confidentiality.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Position: Major Gifts Officer
Reports to: VP, Advancement
Job Classification: Full time, 12-month exempt
Salary: $85,000 to $105,000 DOE
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on annual fundraising efforts to support Cristo Rey annual giving and five + six figure gifts to the capital campaign. This position has a direct impact on the financial and operations funding of the school.
- Manage all aspects of the annual giving campaign
- Manage the identification, engagement, solicitation and stewarding of a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors
- Develop and steward giving opportunities, including prospect research and strategy
- Create and implement stewardship programs
- Manage annual giving communications efforts
- Develop individual donor strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts
- Support event coordination and help plan the annual gala
- Acknowledge gifts and manage donor follow-up
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals
Capital Campaign Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects
- Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including; identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Participate in all campaign related activities and events
- Collaborate with the VP, Advancement and VP, Corporate Work Study to enhance relationships and create greater fundraising and outreach possibilities
- Participate in departmental portfolio review process and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records and helping maintain the donor database
As an employee with CRJS, you will enjoy a competitive employee benefits program, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plan contribution, voluntary supplemental life and disability coverages, and paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified applicants with a passion for the Cristo Rey mission are encouraged to apply. The position will be open until filled. Please apply here (include LinkedIn profile if applicable).
EOE: CRJS encourages applicants from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds to apply for this position. CRJS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are made in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws. CRJS will not engage or tolerate unlawful discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, degrees, and certifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.cristoreyseattle.org.