Website College of the Holy Cross
Critical Race and Ethnic Studies – Temporary Opportunity
College of the Holy Cross
The new department of Critical Race and Ethnic Studies is an interdisciplinary department, involving faculty and courses from across the College. While our strengths are currently in humanities and the social sciences, we are eager to offer more courses in STEM and the arts as we expand. To launch the department, three faculty will be moving their appointments out of the English department to join CRES fulltime; other faculty members will have joint or affiliate status in supporting CRES while remaining in their original departments. We will host some public events this spring to recruit students and generate interest in the program. We desire an administrative assistant who would be interested in working with the department in the long term as we grow, rather than a one-semester stopgap. Continuity of administrative support, as we learn what we need to do to launch a brand new department and recruit students to the major and minor, is an important desired outcome of this placement. We hope to have support 3-4 days/week (at least two days in person); exact days/hours are flexible except for when we need in-person support for our events. Our most immediate needs are for assistance in the following areas in the spring 2024 semester:
• Building the AY 23-24 course schedule (including responsibilities such as: compiling a spreadsheet of course offerings; working with the Registrar’s Office to get courses listed and updated information; compiling lists of courses for us to advertise; assisting with sending required materials via CIM/STAR/CLSS)
• Assisting with tracking incoming majors/minors (compiling lists of approved courses to assist advisors)
• Assisting with the media for formal launch of CRES (communicating website copy to MarComm; directing any media inquiries to appropriate faculty; facilitating work with Graphic Arts on flyers, posters, and pamphlets, etc.)
• Assisting with event programming (reserving space for events; handling catering; handling travel arrangements and honorarium documents for visiting speakers)
• Assisting with budget management as we plan events; track expenses on Chrome River
• Assisting with our MOU and hiring initiatives (facilitating any paperwork that needs filing; placing ads if approved; etc.)
• Helping coordinate the move of three CRES faculty to new office space
Additional Information: This is a part time temporary level position. The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace. Application Instructions: Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume. In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity. Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4975455
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.