Website College of the Holy Cross
Prospect Development Analyst
College of the Holy Cross
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Development, the Prospect Development Analyst is a key member of the Advancement team, responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation. The Analyst provides information, knowledge, coordination, and tools that support Advancement in achieving its fundraising goals. Major Areas of Responsibility
• Analyze data and deliver value added information to front line advancement staff.
• Identify, evaluate and assign capacity ratings to major gift prospects.
• Prioritize proactive and reactive prospecting and research assignments in conjunction with departmental fundraising goals.
• Actively assist in prospect management by providing basic prospect pool analysis and support, making database updates, completing portfolio hygiene tasks, and other related activities.
• Utilize data analytics to support an information-driven decision culture by deriving conclusions and identifying trends through the statistical analysis of internal and external data.
• Generate and update prospect reports to meet the needs of advancement staff.
• Maintain and update briefings on major gift prospects, research and track relevant information on prospects from online and print resources.
• Monitor news and publicly-available financial information on prospects from SEC filings, press releases and a variety of online resources.
• Remain informed of central issues in the advancement profession, maintain professional standards of research and conduct work in a manner that is ethical and sensitive to the needs of donors, advancement staff members and the College of the Holy Cross.
• Evaluate research resources and suggest changes and updates to the team’s resource library.
• Engage in professional development opportunities, including conferences, meetings and workshops offered through relevant professional associations, including the New England Development Research Association (NEDRA), the Association of Professional Researchers in Advancement (APRA) and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
• Manage subscriptions, arrange payment and process invoices for print and online resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of at least 1 year of post-college experience, preferably in a research and/or development setting or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of Windows environment, Office programs and vendor-supplied databases.
• Familiarity with advancement software packages.
• Ability to perform in-depth research using a wide variety of sources.
• Ability to work as an integral member of the advancement team, with a focus on major gift fundraising priorities and working with the Director of Prospect Development to achieve them.
Core Competencies Skills required for this job, which are in line with the College’s mission, include:
• Strategic analytical skill and creativity.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
• Being service oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient problem solving abilities.
• Attention to detail.
• Dependability and flexibility.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Understanding, valuing and respecting diversity as an individual, in a team and within groups while fostering an inclusive and supportive environment.
Additional Information: This is a full time, exempt level position. The College is committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees. The College also offers a competitive benefits package for full-time staff, including:
• 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year wait waiver available)
• This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement
• Condensed summer 4-day work week
• Tuition benefits
• Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development opportunities
• Generous paid time off
• The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please upload a resume (CV) and cover letter. In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity. Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4980739
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.