Website College of the Holy Cross
College of the Holy Cross
The College of the Holy Cross is seeking a skilled, motivated plumber to help maintain the College. This person must be able to install, troubleshoot, and test plumbing systems across campus.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair the following systems:
• Domestic water and all associated appliances
• Sanitary water and all associated appliances
• Fire protections sprinkler systems
• Perform preventive maintenance as required
• Respond to emergency work
• Utilize our work order system
• All work must be in compliance with all Massachusetts Plumbing codes.
• Prepare systems to prevent freezing and bursting of pipes in the campus seasonal plumbing systems and restore service when weather allows.
• Assist shop members or other trades as needed.
• Report any hazards or deficiencies to supervisor.
• Safety is essential in this position and all safety procedures must be followed including the protection of others in your work area as well using the appropriate personal protective equipment.
• All work must be completed in a professional manner with an emphasis on customer service.
• Wearing of uniforms (shirts, jackets); must be neat with clean-cut appearance
• Keep supervisor informed of status of work being performed
• Provide plumbing and heating maintenance, repairs and replacements in the off-campus houses as needed.
• When emergencies and/or extreme weather conditions occur, the functions of this position may be deemed essential, and employees must report to work and/or remain on duty
• Must be willing to work on call on a rotating schedule
• Must be willing to work various events some maybe after hours or weekends
• Safety shoes required (College provides an annual stipend).
• Safety glasses and equipment as required
Education and Experience:
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Must be a licensed plumber in the state of Massachusetts
• Must have 2-5 years’ experience
This is a full time, non-exempt level position. The College is committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees. The College also offers a competitive benefits package for full-time staff, including:
• Non-contributory Pension Plan
• Condensed summer 4-day work week
• Tuition benefits
• Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development opportunities
• Generous paid time off
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4991514
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.