Website College of the Holy Cross
Internal Communications Specialist
College of the Holy Cross
At Holy Cross, the internal communications team works to cultivate an authentic sense of belonging and a supportive working and learning experience for students, faculty and staff. Functionally, internal communications invites practitioners to engage with and support the excellent work happening across the College every day. As a member of the Office of Marketing and Communications and reporting to the Director of Executive and Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Specialist is a skilled writer, tenacious learner and thoughtful content creator. The specialist is responsible for supporting the execution of the College’s internal communications strategy to strengthen the sense of community across campus. The specialist creates internal-facing communications and content that celebrates the College’s diverse work and people. The ideal candidate is curious about the issues that animate American higher education, values the College’s unique Jesuit liberal arts tradition, and demonstrates collaborative and perceptive interpersonal skills. Major Areas of Responsibility
The internal communications manager will…
• Support the day-to-day execution of the College’s internal communications strategy in partnership with diverse campus partners.
• Develop engaging, clear, and effective communications that promote a deeper sense of belonging and engagement among students, faculty and staff.
• Support the launch and implementation of the College’s forthcoming intranet—an internal-facing communications platform for students, faculty and staff.
• Build and execute an internal editorial and communications calendar that is aligned with the College’s strategic plan and implemented with consistency across internal communications channels.
• Create and disseminate brand-adherent internal communications to share campus messages, news and institutional communications.
• Collaborate closely with the Director of Executive and Internal Communications to consult with and support campus communicators to deliver information effectively to students, faculty, and staff.
• Work with the Director of Executive and Internal Communications and colleagues in Information Technology Services to create content and maintain an intranet that engages campus members with news about the institution and campus life.
• Stay informed of best practices and trends in employee and internal communications to inform the College’s internal communications strategy. Skills for Success:
• Write clearly and with an understanding of the needs and strengths of each unique audience at Holy Cross.
• Demonstrate facility with editing and providing feedback on written communications.
• Consistently employ strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to facilitate excellent work and positive working relationships across the College. Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years’ professional experience in the fields of communications, journalism, or publishing
• Experience with and industry knowledge of American higher education is a plus
• Familiarity with common communications tools and technologies Core Competencies
• Exchanging information, ideas, thoughts and feelings thoughtfully with others in a manner that is proactive and enhances partnerships
• Inclusion: Actively engaging with the values of the College by promoting a work environment that embraces diversity and demonstrating respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
• Innovation: Performing one’s job with creativity and proactivity, improving procedures and problem-solving
• Mission/Service Orientation: Focusing on service to others and contributing to the College’s collective mission
• Responsibility: Taking ownership of one’s actions and accountability for one’s tasks and duties Disclaimer
The description above represents the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This is a full time, exempt level position with a salary range of $54,000-$59,000. The College is committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees. The College also offers a competitive benefits package for full-time staff, including:
10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year wait waiver available)
This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement – upon hire, candidates will need to live within commuting distance
Condensed summer 4-day work week
Tuition & Education benefits
Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development opportunities
Generous paid time off
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College’s commitment to inclusive excellence (https://aspire.holycross.edu/inclusive-excellence). Please provide examples of how you have integrated diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into your past work. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/5017609
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.