Website Cristo Rey Seattle Jesuit High School
The Cristo Rey Network of high schools delivers a career focused, college preparatory education in the Catholic tradition for students with limited economic resources, uniquely integrating rigorous academic curricula with four years of professional work experience and support to and through college. We partner with educators, businesses, and communities to enable students to fulfill their aspirations for a lifetime of success.
CRJS is a part of the largest network of high schools in the United States exclusively serving students of limited economic resources, and a proud member of the Jesuit Schools Network. CRJS is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all, and we value the cultural diversity of our team.
If you are passionate about creating opportunities for students who would otherwise not have access to a high-quality college-preparatory Jesuit education – combined with professional work experience – and you are eager to use your skills and experience to create a faculty, student body, and school culture from the ground up, then this is the job for you. CRJS will welcome our first class of 9th grade students in the fall of 2024 and will add an additional grade level each year until we reach full enrollment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Position: Business Literacy Teacher Lead
Reports to: VP, Corporate Work Study
Job Classification: Full time, 12-month exempt
- Develop, teach, and coordinate the Corporate Work Study (CWS) curriculum including
Monserrat (summer training program for incoming 9th graders) in conjunction with the
- Train student associates for job placements and supports training activities.
- Create re-training curriculum and remote work plans.
- Manage a portfolio of CWS partners and students.
- Conduct site visits in accordance with Department of Labor requirements
- Represent CWS at grade level and academic faculty meetings.
- Assist with management of morning check-in with daily dress code and attendance
checks, daily announcements, and bus dismissal.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT
- You are motivated by the mission and vision of CRJS.
- You have 3+ years professional work experience in teaching CTE/Business classes, sales, or nonprofit fundraising.
- You are committed to building equitable learning environments for and with young people.
- You believe in the power of student voice and perspectives.
- You are a team player with the ability to foster relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills.
- You maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- You are technology savvy and innovative.
- You value cultural competency and are open to growth.
- You are curious about yourself and others.
As an employee with Cristo Rey Jesuit Seattle, you will enjoy a competitive employee benefits
program, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plan contribution,
voluntary supplemental life and disability coverages, and paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified applicants with a passion for Cristo Rey’s mission and are encouraged to apply, especially those whose life experience resonates with the students and families we serve. Candidates who are bilingual are also encouraged to apply.
Please upload the following documents HERE.
• Résumé, including educational and work experience, and LinkedIn profile if you have one.
• Cover Letter (not longer than one page) articulating your interest in this role.
• References: include the names and contact information of three professional references
Position will remain open until filled.
Cristo Rey Jesuit Seattle High School encourages applicants from a wide range of experiences
and backgrounds to apply for this position. CRJS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
employment decisions, policies, and practices are made in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local anti-discrimination laws. Cristo Rey Jesuit will not engage or tolerate unlawful
discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, alienage or national origin,
ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal
salary ranges, market data, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, degrees, and
To apply for this job please visit www.cristoreyseattle.org.