Website Boston College
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,484 full-time undergraduates and 5,250 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 888 full-time and 1,281 FTE faculty, 2,711 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.4 billion, and an endowment in excess of $3.5 billion.
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for providing superior client service to all current and new season ticket members. The client service provided by the Account Manager is imperative and allows the organization to facilitate revenue generation and client retention.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Manages and organizes all Season Ticket Member Accounts
• Retains and renews Season Ticket Member accounts
• Pursues, solicits, and sells products and packages to new businesses, while also exploring opportunities to generate additional sales and revenue by up- selling current Season Ticket Members;
• Provides exceptional client service by attentively listening and comprehending the needs of Season Ticket Members;
• Makes sales and service calls and schedules face-to-face appointments to discuss accounts and promptly follows up with the appropriate action to move the sales process forward;
• Manages Season Ticket Members accounts and schedules “Meet and Greet” opportunities with potential clients throughout the season;
• Demonstrates the necessary ability and drive to not only meet, but exceed team and personal revenue goals;
• Participates and assists with Season Ticket Member needs and department events;
• Assists with the Season Ticket Member upgrade process;
• Coordinates with internal departments to ensure the quality of the overall Season Ticket Member experience is excellent;
• Helps create strategies to generate additional revenue in regards to Season Ticket Member accounts;
• Informs and updates supervisors immediately if there are problems or unusual matters of significance that may require corrective action regarding Season Ticket Members;
• Handles and resolves all client complaints;
• Have the ability to track all sales related activity in CRM;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• 1-2 years’ experience working in sales and/or client service;
• Proven track record of successful sales experience required.
• Must be proficient with Paciolan and related software;
• Must possess displayed competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling;
• Must have outstanding client service and interpersonal communication skills;
• Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
• Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
• Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
• Must have an interest and the ability to serve others;
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within the department and the University as a whole;
• Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and be attuned to others by utilizing strong active listening skills;
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
• Must be able to identify problems, their sources and potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
• Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
• Must have excellent communication skills and a high level of energy.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
Infrequent Traveler (less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment; however, they are expected to attend games and other events as directed by their supervisor.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
Tuition remission for Employees
Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Low-Cost Life Insurance
Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
Paid Holidays Annually
Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/diversity.
Boston College’s Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
To apply for this job please visit bc.csod.com.