Website Regis University
Associate Director of Counseling Services
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
08/30/2023 – 14 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
The Associate Director in the Office of Counseling will serve as the clinical and administrative manager of the office and will work in coordination with the Counseling staff to provide support, supervision, consultation to clinical and support staff; maintain a clinical caseload of psychotherapy counseling to individuals, couples, groups, and consultation.
The Associate Director is responsible for providing vision and direction for Counseling services in accordance with institutional mission and values. They manage day- to day -operations of the office to include hiring, training, evaluations, and supervision of staff; Coordinates and manages policies and procedures; Manages budget and fiscal resources, reporting, and reconciliation. The Associate Director will have responsibility for assessment and satisfaction measures to include regularly reporting on Key performance indicators as required by the University. As a clinician, The Associate Director provides comprehensive mental health care, demonstrating a comprehensive clinical knowledge while facilitating collaboration amongst Student Health Services and other University colleagues to address the needs of the Regis community. The Regis University Counseling Office is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc.
Skills and experience with clinical issues common to this setting (eating disorders, trauma, AOD/substance use, anxiety disorders, depression, etc.) highly valued. Equity, Inclusion, and Justice competence and experience working with diverse community of students is an essential component of this position.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a tenacious focus on student success, a commitment to flawless execution of services, and a commitment to providing the best possible experience for Regis students in each and every interaction. Candidates should also demonstrate an ability to center students, embrace innovation and change, and adapt to the dynamic landscape of higher education and the evolving needs of the Regis community.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative & Management
- Develop and implement philosophy and policies of Counseling in accordance with the mission and values of Regis University.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise professional staff and interns on all clinical issues related to caseloads. Provide quality control and continuity of services provided by all levels of clinical staff.
- Monitor, evaluate, and keep informed of current standards of practice in University counseling; keep abreast of pertinent regulations, laws, publications, and information in regards to clinical Psychology and post-doctoral training issues.
- Provide appropriate clinical documentation by maintaining timely and conscientious case records in accordance with professional, ethical and Counseling standards.
- Participate in professional development activities (conferences, workshops, skills training, supervision) in order to maintain required professional licensure and to continue professional development. Such Professional development may include both on-campus and off-campus training and development opportunities.
- Participate in Division of Student Affairs and University trainings, staff meetings, Committees, and events in support of advancing the Mission and strategic priorities of the University and division of student affairs and to advance our work around student engagement, success and thriving.
- Oversee and manage office policies and procedure consistent with best practice and in a manner that centers student service.
- Maintain and oversee budget and fiscal expenditures, record keeping, and reconciliation in accordance with University and student affairs protocols.
- Ensure regular assessment, satisfaction, and regular usage data are maintained and develop regular reports of key performance indicators as required by the University nd student affairs.
- Maintain a clinical caseload of students (individual, couples, group) on a daily basis; assist with developmental issues and more severe psychological concerns.
- Provide outreach and consultation to other departments on campus with regard to psychological/counseling issues including, but not limited to training student life staff, academic presentations, debriefing after crisis and specific topic programs targeting certain populations upon request. This position will act as an outreach/liaison between Counseling and the Regis University community which may result in collaborating with various campus offices, student groups, programming, and other outreach activities aimed at raising awareness of important issues facing the community and individual students.
- Make independent and expedient judgments and decisions on how to proceed with individual clients in case of crisis intervention. Provide crisis intervention when necessary. Consult with appropriate staff, psychiatrist, emergency facilities, etc. when making decisions about sending clients home, to off-campus resources, or the hospital.
- Provide appropriate evaluation of students on campus and or facilitate referral to psychiatric consultant if medication or more extensive psychological evaluation is needed; initiate hospitalization if warranted, to include 72-hour hold.
- Coordinate on-call and after-hour emergency coverage through use of third-party provider Protocall.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations effectively, professionally, appropriately, and with flexibility.
University Administration & Support
- Participate in University wide mental health relevant meetings as needed.
- Participate in and contribute to regular student affairs and university meeting and updates.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or clinical psychology, counselor education, social work, marriage and family therapy, or other closely related discipline from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Professional licensure in the above required fields (LPC, LCSW, Licensed Psychologist, etc.) in the state of Colorado
- Previous clinical work experience, including substantial experience providing counseling to adolescents or young adults.
- Previous clinical experience in assessing high-risk cases.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate Treatment Programs and conduct independent research that provides evidence-based understanding of interventions.
- Experience with brief and short-term models of psychotherapy.
- Doctorate degree in (Clinical or Counseling) Psychology or related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Professional licensure in the state of Colorado for greater than 5 years
- Six or more years of post-graduate work experience, including substantial experience providing counseling to adolescents or young adults.
- Previous experience providing clinical supervision to mental health and Post-Doctoral trainees.
- Experience in a college counseling center setting or another type of larger systems setting.
- Additional experience and interest in working with clinical issues common in a University Counseling Center setting as well as clients with major mental illness preferred.
- Professional experience working any of the following areas:
- Substance abuse preventions and interventions, eating disorders, sexual assault and trauma, working with diverse populations including BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ communities
- Experience managing high case load
- Experience conducting outreach presentations to faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience working with and/or providing tele-behavioral health assessment and treatment
- As Counseling Services is a training site for graduate level mental health students, including APA Predoctoral Interns, demonstrated experience and commitment to diversity, multicultural competence, and the promotion of diversity and inclusiveness in training, supervision, and professional practice is valued and prioritized.
$75,000 – $80,000/annually commensurate with qualifications
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: ‘How ought we to live?’ Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-604e93b5b2541743bff2ef08fc2e76ef
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.