Website Regis University
Assistant Professor, Computer and Cyber Sciences
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
07/10/2023 – 1 month to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
The Anderson College of Business and Computing at Regis University invites applications for a full-time, 9 month appointment at the level of Assistant Professor in the Computer and Cyber Sciences department. Candidates with outstanding credentials may be considered at the Associate Professor level.
Working at Regis
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will coordinate and teach classes within the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) program. Additionally, they must perform the role of program director and will be expected to hire, assign and mentor affiliate (adjunct) faculty, participate in faculty assessment programs, manage faculty assignments, coordinate faculty, manage curricular issues (to include keeping courses current, relevant, and up to date), manage course labs, teach courses within the discipline, provide ongoing advising for students, attend and participate in university, college, and department faculty meetings and other meetings requested by the Department Chair, Associate Dean, and/or Dean of the Anderson College of Business and Computing. The successful candidate will be responsible for acting as a department resource in the Chair’s absence for students, faculty, and staff, assist the Department Chair with special projects, and perform other duties as assigned by the Dean. Manage the ABET accreditation cycle for the BSIT including managing the continuous improvement process, review of Program Educational Objectives, and assuring the program curriculum satisfies the ABET curricular criterion.
The ideal candidate would possess an earned MS degree (or other relevant terminal degree) in an Information Technology related field from a regionally accredited institution. Candidates must be willing to teach both traditional and adult learners in both a face to face and an online setting. Applicants must exhibit excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for working with undergraduate students and the potential to develop an independent research program and attract grant funding.
Not all of these qualifications must be met. However, the ideal candidate will have experience in these areas:
Advising, mentoring, and teaching students. Please note any experience you have teaching:
- Teaching undergraduate students in a traditional environment
- Teaching post-traditional students in an online environment
Information Technology knowledge. Please note any experience you have with:
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content pertinent to IT programs.
- Expertise in tools (such as Splunk, Wireshark, Nessus, etc.) appropriate for upper-division and graduate-level technical IT courses.
- Knowledge of IT trends.
- Enterprise architecture design and implementation skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prepare instructional materials and follow an approved curriculum.
- Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate and current plans, reports, and records involving student accountability, attendance, and performance.
- Ability to assist the department chair, and/or program coordinators, faculty, department staff and industry partners in maintaining effective programs.
Academic program management. Please note any experience you have working with:
- Academic program development, governance, and assessment
- Development of online course content using a learning management system
- Affiliate (Adjunct) faculty members
Non-academic work-related IT experience.
The ideal candidate will also have experience with academic program management. Please note any experience you have. Please note your experience developing online course content using a Learning Management System. Also, please note your experience working with Affiliate (Adjunct) Faculty members.
To view our Benefits Guide use either the link or the web address below.
$75,000 to $90,000 / annually commensurate with qualifications
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: ‘How ought we to live?’ Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-34ee481fd9581842b477f69f86fa2ca9
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.